3: Motivation, Stress, and Communication
Research a company at which you would like to work (not
your current employer) and write a six to eight
page paper in which you:
1. Create a brief job description for a position
within the company you research that you would like to fill.
2. Discuss ways that goal setting could be used
to motivate your performance after you fill the Position.
3. Analyze your own reactions to stressful
situations and discuss the steps you could take to
the stress associated with your new position.
4. Imagining yourself in the position you have
described, discuss how you would address nonverbal and cultural barriers to
5. Include three (3) external peer-reviewed
sources to support your position.
Your assignment must follow these formatting
• Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font
(size 12), with one-inch margins on all
Sides; references must follow APA or school-specific
format. Check with your professor for any
• Include a cover page containing the title of the
assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s
Name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the
reference page are not included in
The required page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with
this assignment are:
• Explain the variety of motivational theories and job
• Determine how workplace stress contributes to
• Assess how the communication process impacts an
• Use technology and information resources to research
issues in organizational behavior.
• Write clearly and concisely about organizational
behavior using proper writing mechanics.
Grading for this assignment will be based on answer
quality, logic/organization of the paper,
Please join StudyMode to read the full document