Arithmetic Mean and Rationale
EXERCISE 11 Questions to be Graded
1. What demographic variables were measured at least at the interval level of measurement?
Age and Income, length of labor(hrs), return to work (wk), number of hours working per week.
2. What statistics were used to describe the length of labor in this study? Were these appropriate? Length of labor was described in hours. No, because the original stratified sample of 80 had 12 people who dropped out which deviated the results.
3. What other statistic could have been used to describe the length of labor? Provide a rationale for your answer.
Other statistic that could have been used to describe labor active labor , pre labor , complications, group b strep, c sections or medical interventions since some mothers do not experience labor because of medically managed births for high risk moms or infants for co morbidity etc.
4. Were the distributions of scores similar for the experimental and control groups for the length of labor? Provide a rationale for your answer.
The distribution scores were similar for the control and the experimental groups for the length of labor
5. Were the experimental and control groups similar in their type of feeding? Provide a rationale for your answer.
Yes in the experimental group 13 breastfed while 15 breastfed in the controlled group. Also similarities with the amount of participants in each group, and the same use both methods of feeding.
6. What was the marital status mode for the subjects in the experimental and control groups? Provide both the frequency and percentage for the marital status mode for both groups. percents for marital status mode for experimental
8.3% frequency for