Source A – Picture of Britain and France slicing up the Earth
• The man who is tall and skinny dressed in a red outfit with a black hat is represented by Britain and the short man with the blue outfit and the enormous hat is Napoleon.
• In between the two country leaders is planet Earth and it emphasizes the tension and how they want supremacy over of the Earth. Britain occupies the West which includes America and France has control of the European countries.
• An overview is provided by this source as it highlights the war was fought amongst different countries and on sea. It also contradicts that the Chesapeake had not been a reason for the declaration of the war, but that the relationship between Britain and USA was impacted by the Napoleonic War.
• The source doesn’t show that although France had impacted …show more content…
• In the source it is evident that the Native grew stronger with the assistance of the British and that America had been negatively impacted by the involvement.
Source C – Picture of British Royal Navy firing upon the American trade ships
• This source shows a direct contact attack that Britain had done to America
• Although the American ship is bigger than British ships it can be shown that through this bombing that America had lost a good portion of money in order to ship the goods over.
• The sizes of ships also highlight that it had been a surprise attack from an American point of view and showcases Britain in a negative light and is therefore shown as the aggressor. The trade ship of America had no means of protection needed to protect the lives that were lost in the bombing.
Source D – Essay on the War of 1812 from an American perspective
• Highlights the feelings that America had felt about Britain before the