Apple Inc. is an American multinational corporation Company that was co - founder by three people at the year of 1976, April 1 by Steve Jobs, Steve Wozniak and Ronald Wayne.
Apple Inc. is known for it product such as "The iPhone series, The I-Pad series and The MacBook Series". Apple first product was the 'Apple 1 personal computer kit’ that was hand-built by Steve Wozniak and first showcase to the public at the Homebrew Computer Club (Is an computer hobbyist users' group in which computer hobbyist gather during the period of 1975 March, 5 to December 1976 to talk and showcase their latest computer software or hardware. (Steven, 1994)
At the end of 2012, Apple had successfully became the world’s second – biggest information technology company by revenue after Samsung, and also third in mobile phone making together with Samsung and Nokia. (Sanford, 1996)
As of 2012, Apple Computer Inc. had a total of 72,800 permanent full - time employees and 3,300 temporary full - time employees worldwide. It base headquartered is located in Cupertino, California where their product are designs, develops. It has also take up the position as the world's second - largest information technology company trailing behind Samsung Electronics, and one of the three largest mobile phone marker together with Samsung and Nokia. By the end of January 2013 had brought in an estimated value of US$414 billion dollar. (Sanford, 1996)
Rapid product change
Incompatibility with different computer operation system (OS) High price of product
High demand of product
Growth of Tablet and Smart phone market
Strong growth of advertising market
Rapid technology change
Android OS growth
1. Customer loyalty, are as such that once the user had adept to the use of the IPhone Series they would normally choose not to change to a different operating system as they have to readapt to a new system such as the Android.
2. Brand Reputation, Apple has a good reputation of highly innovative, well designed and well-functioning products performance. Apple brand is valued at $76.5 billion and was the second most valuable brand at the end of 2012.
3. Store worldwide, Apple Inc. has a total of 394 retails stores worldwide, as well as the online Apple Store and the ITunes.
1. Rapid product change. They have a new product coming up every few month, this may lead the customer having difficultly going to adept to the rapid change of item.
2. Incompatibility with different operating system. The IOS and OS X system are quite different for other operating system that customer usually use in the Microsoft operating system. Due to such differences, many users often choose to stay with their accustomed software (Microsoft OS and Intel OS).
3. High price of product, many critics once said that the price of apple product is not justified. When there’s a fierce competition, Apple products price becomes a weakness because consumers can always easily opt for product that have the same quality but at a lower price.
1. High demand of product. The high demand of their products such as the newly invented “Ipad mini and Iphone 5”will increase their sales in the market and will strengthen their firm’s competitive advantage.
2. Growth of tablet and smartphone market. The huge growth of user using tablet and smartphone is a good opportunity to expand firm’s share in the market.
3. Strong growth of advertising market. Apple has developed the iAd (It a advertising board that can be easily access by any person using an Apple product). The growth of the advertising market is an opportunity, which Apple could be further seized upon.
1. Rapid technology change. One of the most damaging threats that Apple and other technology companies are facing is rapid change...
Bibliography: Levy, S. (1993). Insanely great: The life and time of the Macintosh, the
computer that changed everything
Apple (2013, January). Apple. Retrieved May 23, 2013, from http://Apple.com
New York: W. Morrow.
Philip Emer DeWitt (2012, November 14)
news and analysis from Fortune Magazine. Retrieved May 26, 2013,from
ValueWalk Staff (2012, September 25)
Zach Epstein (2013, April 25)
Retrieved May 25, 2013, from http://Bgr.com/2013/04/25/apple-r-d-spending
Please join StudyMode to read the full document