1. () To determine how real decision makers make decisions, we must first understand the process and the important issues of decision making. 2. () An important characteristic of management support systems is their emphasis on the computational efficiency of obtaining a decision, rather than on the effectiveness of the decision produced. 3. () A major characteristic of a decision support system is the inclusion of at least one model. 4. () Problem Identification is the conceptualization of a problem in an attempt to place it in a definable category, possibly leading to a standard solution approach. 5. () An intermediate variable or a set of intermediate variables describe the environment of the decision making. 6. () If a suboptimal decision is made in one part of the organization without considering the details of the rest of the organization, then an optimal solution from the point of view of that part is better for the whole. 7. () Rationality is bounded only by limitations on human processing capacities but not by individual differences. 8. () Solving the model is the same as solving the problem the model represents.
9. () Which of the following is the third phase in decision making? a. b. c. d. Completion Execution Observation Choice
10. () Different decision styles require different types of support. A major factor that determines the type of required support is whether the decision maker is __________. a. b. c. d. a. b. c. d. autocratic consultative an individual or a group democratic Composite model Analog model Dense model Iconic model
11. () Which of the following model behaves like the real system but does not look like it?
12. () There is a continuous flow of activity from one phase to the next phase in a decision making process, but at any phase there may be a return to a previous phase. __________ is an essential part of this process. a. b. c.