ANNAMALAI[pic]UNIVERSITY | |
|DIRECTORATE OF DISTANCE EDUCATION |
M.B.A. (E-Business) first Year
ACADEMIC YEAR 2011 - 2012
THIS BOOKLET CONTAINS ASSIGNMENT TOPICS. STUDENTS ARE ASKED TO WRITE THE ASSIGNMENTS FOR EIGHT PAPERS AS PER INSTRUCTIONS. Last date for submission
Last date for submission :
with late fee ` 300/-
Assignments sent after 15-03-2012 will not be evaluated. 2.
Assignments should be in the own hand writing of the student concerned and not type-written or printed or photocopied. 3.
Assignments should be written on foolscap paper on one side only. 4. All assignments (with Enrolment number marked on the Top right hand corner on all pages) should be put in an envelop with superscription “MBA Assignments” and sent to The Director, Directorate of Distance Education, Annamalai University, Annamalainagar – 608 002 by Registered post. P.T.O
No notice will be taken on assignments which are not properly filled in with Enrolment Number and the Title of the papers. 6. Students should send full set of assignments for all papers. Partial assignments will not be considered.
Write assignments on any TWO topics in each paper out of the FOUR. For each topic the answer should not exceed 15–pages. Each assignment carries 25 marks. (2 topics)
Dr. S. B. NAGESWARA RAO
1.1 MANAGEMENT CONCEPTS
1. Distinguish between single use plans and multi-use plans. Examine the sources of policy formulation. 2. Do you accept that MBO is the way for assessing the managers performance? Substantiate your stated. 3. a) Discuss the various types of selection interviews. On what factors does the success of an interview depend? b) What are the different techniques of training? Discuss the relationship between levels of management and training technique. 4. a) Examine the factors that determine the size of the span. b) Enumerate the sources of conflict among the line and staff. Recommend the ways to resolve them.
1.2 MARKETING MANAGEMENT
1. a) Discuss the difficulties in developing new products. What steps are involved in developing a mobile phone? b) Evaluate the pricing strategies adopted by washing machine manufacturers. Prepare a table showing the salient aspects of each company. 2. a) How will you measure the effectiveness of distribution set up of home based battery chargers (Inverters). b) What kinds of sales promotion techniques are available for laptop computes? Based on the schemes available in the market, suggest a suitable scheme for a company planning to launch a Lap Top Computer. 3. a) Do you agree (or) disagree that the need for achievement can be learned? Do you think it might be easier to learn it as a young child (or) as an adult? Elaborate on the merits and demerits of using technology in business communication. b) Briefly describe about interpersonal communication and discuss how interpersonal communication helps you in your business. 4. Compare the advertising strategies adopted by: (i) Mobile service providers (ii) Hi-speed Bikes.
1.3 HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
1. a) Give an idea of the shape of future organization.
What would be the role of HRM in the future
2. a) How would you define labour market? What are
the different types of labour market?
b) Write notes on: (i) Sons of the Soil, (ii) Medical
discrimination, (iii) Religious discrimination.
(iv) Raiding, (v) Head hunting, (vi) Blind
3. a) Why performance appraisal is necessary? What
are the different types of appraisal?
b) How does a manager create a proper motivational
climate for his workers?
4. a) What are the different methods of training? Why...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document