In centuries ago, there were various types of animal species that lived in this world but these species cannot be found for the meantime and forever. There are many efforts had been done in order to preserve endangered species but the numbers of endangered species are still increase rapidly. However, there were still numbers of selfish people that did not even concern about the animal species that disappeared. Animal extinction can be defined as animal species no longer stay in the earth as it already disappeared. The factors that lead to animal extinction are irresponsible human’s hands that destroyed animal’s habitat by deforestation, illegal wildlife trades and climate change.
Deforestation is the main causes that lead animal species loss their habitat and become extinct. If people loss their house, they will not have any shelter and live without protection. This situation also happened to the animal species in this world. “Deforestation is a great way to eliminate the terrestrial species in this world” (Greenwell 2007).There are many functions of animal habitat to the human being as the human population is increasing. These areas which natural habitat to animal growth rapidly used as industrialized, commercialized, urbanized and for agriculture. When the animal’s habitat destructed by deforestation, animal would not have food supplies and lose their own habitat. The growth of this area happened with many skyscrapers that had been built and animal cannot adapt in new situation. As a result, the animal species are lost and extinct from this world.
Wildlife trading also the cause that leads to the animal extinction. Money is the most significant thing for human being and act as necessity of life. Wildlife trade is a big business that run by dangerous international network and estimated can earned into hundreds of millions dollars (Illegal Wildlife Trade 2013).The most renowned animals species in this illegal trade are elephant’s ivory and tiger’s skin. The...
* Chronicle, Atlanta. Animal Extinction Causes and Effects. 2012. ACME Articles. Accessed May 8. http://www.acme-articles.com/article/Environmental/Animal_Extinction_Causes_and_Effects/88197
* Climate Change-effects on animals, birds and plants. 2013. Climate & Weather. Accessed April 29. http://www.climateandweather.net/global_warming/effects_on_animals.htm
* Greenwell,Michael.The Impact of Wildlife Extinction and the Importance of Biodiversity. 2007.Exit Stage Right.Accessed April 26. http://exitstageright.wordpress.com/2007/10/08/the-impact-of-wildlife-extinction-and-the-importance-of-biodiversity/
* Illegal Wildlife Trade. 2013. World Wildlife Fund. Accessed May 8. http://worldwildlife.org/threats/illegal-wildlife-trade
* Whitty ,Julia.Animal Extinction-the greatest threat to mankind.2007.The Independent.Accessed April 26. http://www.independent.co.uk/environment/animal-extinction--the-greatest-threat-to-mankind-397939.html
Please join StudyMode to read the full document