Exam Review, Units 1-4
1. The smallest structures that biologists consider being alive are
Review levels of organization.
2. Cells contain smaller structures called ___ that carry out their metabolic functions.
Review the structure of the cell and know the functions of each of the organelles.
3. Many physiological processes are controlled by self-correcting ___ loops.
4. ___ is the body's tendency to maintain stable internal conditions.
Make sure you review homeostasis, positive feedback loops, and negative feedback loops.
5. All chemical change in the body is collectively called ___.
Look at the chemistry …show more content…
Motor nerve fibers release a neurotransmitter called ___, which makes skeletal muscle fibers contract.
65. Which of the following is/are voluntary muscle?
A. smooth muscle
B. cardiac muscle
C. skeletal muscle
D. visceral muscle
E. intestinal muscle
66. Action potentials are propagated from the surface to the interior of a muscle fiber by way of
A. the sarcomeres.
B. the sarcoplasmic reticulum.
C. the endomysium.
D. the myofibrils.
E. the T tubules.
Review the structure of a muscle fiber.
67. When there is not enough oxygen to create ATP by aerobic respiration, a muscle fiber can produce ATP by borrowing phosphate groups from
A. cyclic adenosine monophosphate.
B. creatine phosphate.
E. creatine kinase.
Review cellular respiration, fermentation, and the phosphagen system for production of ATP.
68. Posture is maintained mainly by ___ fibers because they fatigue _____.
A. slow-twitch; slowly
B. white; slowly
C. type II; rapidly
D. fast-twitch; rapidly
E. fast glycolytic; slowly
Review the difference between slow and fast twitch muscles.
Review the structure of the neuromuscular