LEFT BRAIN FUNCTIONS
words and language
present and past
math and science
knows object name
| RIGHT BRAIN FUNCTIONS
"big picture" oriented
symbols and images
present and future
philosophy & religion
can "get it" (i.e. meaning)
knows object function
What are the different function of the left and right hemispheres of the human brain?
* Many people favor one brain hemisphere over the other in their style of learning. Some people learn more visually, while others learn better through sequencing and verbalization. By understanding which hemisphere of the brain you favor, you can apply specific strategies to maximize your own learning.
Left Brain Physical Functions
* The left hemisphere of the brain controls the right half of the body. Therefore, if a medical problem such as a stroke occurs in the left hemisphere, the patient may exhibit depreciated functionality on the right side of her body. Right Brain Physical Functions
* The right hemisphere of the brain controls the left half of the body. Therefore, if an injury occurs to the left hemisphere of the brain, the patient may exhibit depreciated functionality on the left side of his body.
Left Brain Learning Functions
* The left hemisphere of the brain is responsible for logic. The left hemisphere also contains the language center, interprets patterns and is detail-oriented. If a medical problem affects the left hemisphere of the brain, the patient may suffer from language aphasia. Right Brain Learning Functions
* The right hemisphere of the brain is responsible for emotions. The right hemisphere is spatially oriented and searches for meaning. It...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document