Jamuna Bank Limited (JBL) is a Banking Company registered under the Companies Act, 1994 with its Head Office at Chini Shilpa Bhaban (4th & 8th Floor), 3, Dilkusha C/A, Dhaka -1000. The Bank started its operation from 3rd June 2001. Jamuna Bank Limited is a highly capitalized new generation Bank started its operation with an Authorized Capital of Tk.1600.00 million which is amended by Tk. 4000.00 million and Paid-up Capital of Tk.390.00 million. The Paid-up Capital has been raised to 2964.48 million in March 31,2011. Currently the Bank has 67 branches all over the country. The Bank undertakes all types of banking transactions to support the development of trade and commerce of the country. JBL’s services are also available for the entrepreneurs to set up new ventures and BMRE of industrial units. Jamuna Bank Ltd., the only Bengali named new generation private commercial bank was established by a group of winning local entrepreneurs conceiving an idea of creating a model banking institution with different outlook to offer the valued customers, a comprehensive range of financial services and innovative products for sustainable mutual growth and prosperity. The sponsors are reputed personalities in the field of trade, commerce and industries. The Bank is being managed and operated by a group of highly educated and professional team with diversified experience in finance and banking. The Management of the bank constantly focuses on understanding and anticipating customers’ needs. The scenario of banking business is changing day by day, so the bank’s responsibility is to device strategy and new products to cope with the changing environment. Jamuna Bank Ltd. has already achieved tremendous progress within the few years. The bank has already ranked as one of the quality service providers & is known for its reputation. Jamuna Bank Ltd. offers different types of Corporate and Personal Banking Services involving all segments of the society within the purview of rules and regulations laid down by the Central Bank and other regulatory authorities. For over a decade, the rapid advancement in information and communication technology has significantly affected the banking industry. Banks and other financial institutions have improved their services as financial intermediary through adopting various Information Technologies. Technology has become a tool that facilitates banks' organizational structures, business strategies, customer services and related functions. The recent "Information Technology (IT) revolution" has exerted far-reaching impact on economics, in general, and the financial service industry, in particular.
1.2 Organizational Objects:
1. To earn and maintain CAMEL Rating “Strong”
2. To establish relationship banking and improve service quality through development of strategic Marketing plans. 3. Be one of the best banks of Bangladesh.
4. To introduce fully automated systems through integration of information technology. 5. Achieve excellence in customer services and superior to all competitors. 6. Discuss the concept of technology driven banking system.
7. Assess the present scenario of technology driven banking in Bangladesh.
8. Identify future prospects of technology driven banking in Bangladesh.
9. Identify future challenges of technology driven banking in Bangladesh.
10. Identify measures that can be taken to overcome the challenges of technology driven banking in Bangladesh.
1.3 Methodology of the Study
This study uses both primary and secondary data. Primary data were collected through field level study and personal interview with the different officials of Private Commercial Banks (PCBs), Nationalized Commercial Banks (NCBs) and Foreign Commercial Banks (FCBs). The secondary data were collected from relevant articles, magazines, newspapers, periodicals, annual reports of various banks, websites of the banks and different authentic web publications. Out...
Bibliography: ▪ Journal of Marketing; (2002), Volume 3, Dept of Marketing, Rajshahi University.
▪ Annual Report 2008, Jamuna Bank Limited.
▪ Annual Report 2007, Jamuna Bank Limited.
▪ Prudential Guideline for Credit provided by Jamuna Bank Limited.
Please join StudyMode to read the full document