Areas Covered: Sion, Matunga
Retailers Covered: 7
Ice Cream Brands
Wadala - Hasmukh
Wadala – Hasmukh
Amul, Havmor, Mother Dairy, Vadilal
Wadala – Hasmukh
Mother Dairy, London Dairy, Havmor
Dharavi – Omkar
1. Mota’s Food: Keep only Amul because we have been keeping it since a long time. Happy with the service. Get about 15-18% margin. Havmor Family packs are asked the most by the customers. “Will switch to Havmor if I get a good offer from them”, said the retailer.
2. Mama Foods: Amul sells more than Havmor since it is more known to the customer. Around 3-4 family packs are sold each day. Around 75% of family pack sales per week is Amul, rest is Havmor.
3. Magix: Keep only Cream Bell. Also prepare their own ice-cream. Amul’s scooping parlour is their biggest competitor.
4. Shri Krishna: Planning to phase out Vadilal as it doesn’t sell enough. Havmor sells best. Amul gives very low margins due to which he always offers the customer Havmor first.
5. Garden Fresh: Upmarket retail store. Sells London Dairy frequently as it is the only shop in the vicinity that keeps the brand. Feels Amul is low-priced and he thus doesn’t want to keep it.
6. Highland: Has been stocking Amul since a long time. Doesn’t want to shift as sales are steady and service is good. Margin is less but he feels other brands wont sell as much as Amul.
7. Maharashtra Stores: Amul gives only 15% margin while Dinshaw given 30%. Thus, he has been stocking Dinshaw. Had previously also stocked Vadilal, but withdrew due to poor service and delivery time. Cant shift to Havmor, Kwality Walls as most of his family pack customers are middle class people who would not buy a high priced Ice-Cream.