2. The American farmers were especially distraught due to the Depression. Which of the following was not a primary response that the farmers took in response to the economic downturn? (Points : 1) Improving dust bowls Westward migration Farmers’ Holiday Association Striving for national attention
3. The automobile represented an example of technological freedom because it literally provided a means for physical escape. Which was not an example of an automotive trend in the 1930s? (Points : 1) Increasing used car market Maintenance of American industry leadership Demand for more comfort Interest in a less complex driving experience
4. Roosevelt addressed the struggles of industry with the National Industrial Recovery Act (NIRA). Which of the following was not one of the main components of this effort? (Points : 1) African American labor assistance Public works projects National Recovery Administration Fair practice codes of conduct
5. The cornerstone of the Second New Deal was the Social Security Act of 1935. Which of the following was not true about it? (Points : 1) A payroll tax was a revenue source. The “Soak the Rich” tax was a revenue source. It was the start of America being a welfare state. It turned the United States into a socialist nation.
6. One of the ways that the Harding administration can be characterized is the following: (Points : 1) more favorable to and tolerant of big business than his Progressive predecessors. less favorable to and tolerant of big business than his Progressive predecessors. similar to his Progressive predecessors in terms of big business.