1. Independence - America helped the Philippines to eliminate the Spaniards in the country thus helping the Filipinos to end the suffering from the Spanish reign. This was the first step of the country to stand on their own and start a new beginning.
2. Government -we adapted and patterned some of our constitution with the Americans'.
3 Sports - Filipino favourite sport had been basketball, and other foreign sports instead of the national sports which is sipa.
4. Western style of clothing - this was also adapted as it is evident with the radical change from the conservative Maria Clara to the daring trends of fashion of the modern era
5. Communication - The Americans brought English, the lingua franca of the modern world
6. Principles - progressive liberal ideologies such as egalitarianism, democracy and equality
7. Education - they endowed an educational system patterned after that of the U.S. They sent educators in the Philippines which are known as Thomasites. However, American style of re-education was amero-centric in nature, causing Philippine society to self stigmatize itself in favor of American-centered products and ideologies.
Effects of American Colonization in the Philippines. Effects of American Colonization in the Philippines.The effects of American imperialism on the Philippines are numerous. Some, however, stand out, most notably the installation of an American-style democracy and the prevalentattitude that anything American is “good”. Many of those in lowland Philippines, and most of the Christian population, for that matter, grew up in an increasing Americanizedsociety. The following American influence in the Philippines says it all:
1. Government -Partisan politics was one of the influences of the Americans on our government. Partisan politics means a politics that is devoted to or biased in support of a certain party, group or cause. Another effect of Americans in the