2. In your own words explain the statement:
“Alzheimer’s irreversibly obliterates the memory”
3. Alzheimer’s is a disorder of the ____________. a. Heart b. Brain c. Lungs d. Pancreas
4. Why Alzheimer has’s been called a disease of the 80’s?
5. The devastation that this disease causes is ____________________most imagined. a. Better than b. Just what is c. Far worse than d. None of the above
6. What are the effects of normal senility that comes with aging?
Dulling of the ________________as _________________fades and ____________ slow.
7. According to Peter Rabins, a psychiatrist at John Hopkins University Medical Center in Baltimore, Alzheimer’s is normal aging. a. True b. False
8. The destruction of Alzheimer’s is done over a period of time lasting from as few as __________years to as many as _________years. a. 10/3 b. 5/20 c. 1/10 d. 2/4
9. This disorder destroys __________ cells.
10. During the course of Alzheimer’s harmless forgetfulness gives way to cruel and capricious ___________. a. Joy b. Insanity c. Glee d. Happiness
11. Name some of the outlandish behavior portrayed by Residents that we observed during clinical.
12. The above behavior is actually a sign that the resident is regressing towards____________ a. Clear thought b. Unawareness c. Awareness d. Clarity
13. To what author can the following quote be attributed;
“Mere oblivion, sans teeth, sans eyes, sans taste, sans everything.” a. Williams b. Whitman c. Shakespeare d. Twain
14. The word sans from the above quotation means a. With b. Better c. Worse d. Without
15. Who is most destroyed by this disease a. Nursing assistants b. Janitors c. Family members