- Bob Dylan is a famous singer-song writer and has been for five decades. His early lyrics incorporated a variety of political, social and philosophical, as well as literary influences.
- In 2008, a Bob Dylan Pathway was opened in the singer's honor in his birthplace of Duluth, Minnesota.
- Bob Dylan was refered to in the novel The Messenger when Ed was describing his bad his career was going at his age. "Ed Kennedy is 19 and very much aware of how little he has going for him. After all, both Salvador Dali and Bob Dylan were well on their way by the time they were his age." And also a song of Bob Dylans, ' The Hurricane ' was mentioned.
- Salvador Dali was a prominent Spanish surrealist painter born in Figueres. Dalí was a skilled draftsman, best known for the striking and bizarre images in his surrealist work
- In 1970 Salvador Dali released a book called 'Dali' declaring himself as being an anarchist and monarchist.
- Just like Bob Dylan, Salvador was mentioned when Ed was talking about his career.
Joan of Arc
- Joan of Arc was is considered a national heroine of France and a Catholic saint. She led the French army to several important victories during the Hundred Years' War which paved the way for the coronation of Charles VII.
- She was captured by the Burgundians, sold to the English, tried by an ecclesiastical court, and burned at the stake when she was nineteen years old
- Ed knows he’s achieved little in comparison to figures like Joan of Arc who was a saint and a warrior in her teens.
- Jimi was an American guitarist and singer-songwriter. He is widely considered to be the greatest electric guitarist in musical history and one of the most influential musicians of his era across a range of genres.
- He achieved fame in the United States following his 1967 performance at the Monterey Pop Festival.
- Jimi Hendrix has been intertextualized when Ed talks about Ritchie. Rictchie has a tattoo of Jimi