Attached Files: Albertsons v. Walmart.pdf (1.173 MB) Questions are included at the end of the case. The case is attached.
Clear Orbit Case Title : World Wide Technology and ClearOrbit: Enabling Supply Chain Collaboration,GS53-PDF-ENG
1. What were the main challenges facing the OEM’s MRO purchasing operations?
2. What constitutes collaboration is a supply chain?
3. Explain the advantages and disadvantages of working with a big company like Oracle, versus working with a smaller company, like Clear Orbit.
4. Explain the role WWT, as an IT savvy company, played in the implementation process?
Metro Group Case
Title: RFID at the METRO Group,606053-PDF-ENG
1. What is your assessment of Metro’s approach to implementing RFID? Has the project been a success thus far?
2. Explain the costs and benefits of implementing RFID at the pallet level and at the case level. What savings might be realized from full-scale implementation of RFID (for both pallet-level and case –level implementations)?
3. What are the pros and cons of being a first mover in implementing a technology like RFID or any other new technology?
Laura Ashley Case
Title : Laura Ashley and Federal Express Strategic Alliance,693050-PDF-ENG
1. Evaluate the decision to enter a strategic alliance from the perspective of both Laura Ashley and Federal Express. What are the real opportunities and risks of this approach? Explain the value added of the arrangement, including the role of IT.
2. Explain the role of information technology as a lever for strategic transformation aimed at improvements in customer service and the use of strategic alliances as a problem-solving tool and competitive tool.
Web Van Case