Give the general place (for example; the country) and the general time (example; in what period of Akeelah’s life and student life) the story happens.
Chensaw Middle School- At the start of the movie.
Woodland Hires Middle School- The District Spelling Bee.
Sripps National Quiz Bee- It’s in the National Spelling Bee
III. Characters each incomplete sentence.
1. Akeelah Anderson- She’s the main character in the story and a good speller. She won the national spelling bee.
2. Dr. Joshua Larabee- He’s the trainer of Akeelah who help her win the contest.
3. Tanya Anderson- She’s the mother of Akeelah who does not support her at the first time.
4. Mr. Welch- He’s the principal in Chensaw Middle School.
5. Javier Mendez- He’s the first best friend of Akeelah in the Spelling Bee and he is also inlove with her.
6. Dylan Chui- He’s the first competitor of Akeelah. He was also the two years’ 2nd place in the Quiz Bee.
7. Kiana Anderson- She’s the elder sister of Akeelah. She saw the contestant cheating which helped Akeelah to qualify in the top 10.
8. Devon Anderson- He’s the brother of Akeelah and played as coach of Akeelah.
9. Terrence Anderson- He’s the younger brother of Akeelah.
10. Georgia- She’s the best friend of Akeelah.
11. Derrick T.- He’s the Hip Hop boy who help to coach Akeelah.
12. Mr. Chui- He’s the competitive father of Dylan. He always scold his son about winning.
IV.Plot A. Exposition or Introduction- The part that Akeelah got the paper with the grade of 100% B. Development or Rising Action- When Akeelah started to join the Spelling Bees. C. Climax- It happened in the National Spelling Bee. D. Denouement or Falling Action- Akeelah and Dylan win the Spelling Bee. E. Ending-It’s where they go back to they’re place with trophy.
V. Explain why the lessons in life that you learned from the movie about the following:
A. Honesty- The moral uprightness