u need a PC or a Laptop and the required connectivity tools,ie., Serial/USB cable OR Infrared Device OR Bluetooth dongle
1)Activate Airtel Live!( It's FREE so no probs)
2)Create one Airtel gprs data accounts and select the
it as the active profile.
Under DATA COMM
GATEWAY : 100.1.500.99
APN : airtel.com
USERNAME : blank
PASSWORD : blank
PASS REQ : OFF
ALLOW CALLS : AUTOMATIC
DATA COMP : OFF
HEADER COMP : OFF
Under INTERNET PROFILES
INTERNET MODE : HTTP or WAP (both works)
USE PROXY : YES
IP ADDRESS : 100.1.500.99
PORT : 8080
3) Connect your mobile to the PC (or Laptop) and install the driver for your mobile's modem.
4) Create a new dial-up connection using the NEW CONNECTION WIZARD as follows
Connecting Device : Your mobile's modem
ISP Name : Airtel (or anything you like)
Phone Number : *99***1#
Username and Password : blank
5) Configure your browser and download manager to use the proxy 18.104.22.168 and port 8080.( My advice is to use Opera since you can browse both wap and regular websites)
6) Connect to the dial-up account. You will be connected at 115.2 kbps (NOTE* 115.2 KBPS IS A SPEED BETWEEN UR PC AND PHONE ).
7) Pick up your mobile and try to access any site. You will get "Access Denied..."(except for Airtel Live!). IT DOES NOT MATTER.
Keep the mobile down.
8 ) On the PC ( or Laptop) open your browser, enter any address , press ENTER and.......WAIT
9) After a few seconds the page will start to load and you have the WHOLE internet at your disposal.
pls Note If u are getting any error wile dialing a dial up connection than go to Control panel>> Phone and modem>>>select modem and click on its properties >>advanced and enter the following initialization commands
and click on ok now connect to gprs it will be connected without any error...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document