The Addiction of Grade Five Pupils to Computer Online Games that Affect the Academic Performance Among Elementary Pupils of Oton Central Elementary School from School year 2012 – 2013 Objectives of the Study
The main objective of the study is to ascertain the factors that contribute to the Addiction of Grade Five Pupils to Computer Online Games that affect the Academic Performance among elementary students of Oton Central Elementary School from School year 2012 – 2013. Specifically, the study aims for the following objectives:
1. To determine the factors contributing to the grade five pupils age, gender and grade level. 2. To determine the pupils classroom interaction and lack of socialization on the level of academic performance. 3. To identify the grade five pupils addiction to computer online games that affect the elementary students of Oton Central Elementary School.
The study found that children who received and began using video games immediately spent less time doing homework and other academic activities after school than children who did not have video game systems. The researcher identify computer game playing as a relatively high frequency activity among elementary students. Study has indicated gender differences in computer game playing habits, with males playing more frequently than females (Kaplan, 1983). Morlock, Nigolean and Yanto (1985) find reasons for this include: the game content, in that games tend to contain more masculine than feminine characters. This Framework Plan makes recommendations for the appropriate and effective use to broaden access to basic education, improve the quality of learning, enhance the quality of teaching, and improve educational planning and management. Underlying these recommendations are strategies for sustainability. Technology has developed so much that it is almost crucial to have electronic devices particularly the personal computers at home, school, internet café, etc. Students have gotten so used to have technology around them. However, while having these computers that make life easier, comfortable, and handy at most of the times, it can also have negative effects on their lives particularly in their studies when used too much.
ADDICTION TO COMPUTER
ADDICTION TO COMPUTER
Schematic diagram showing the relationship among the study variables to the Computer Online Games and Level of Academic Performance in finding solutions to the causes of addiction among Grade Five pupils.
STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
This study aims to determine the factors that contribute to the addiction of grade five pupils to computer online games that affect the academic performance among the elementary students of Oton Central Elementary School, Oton Iloilo from school year 2012 – 2013.
Specifically, the study aims to answer the following questions: 1. What is the profile of Grade five pupils of Oton Central Elementary School addicted to Computer online Games? a. Age
c. Grade Level
2. What are the Level of Academic Performance among the Grade five pupils in terms of: a. Classroom Interaction
b. Lack of Socialization
3. Are there significant relationships between Effects of online Computer Games and the Level of Performance of Addiction among Grade Five pupils of Oton Central Elementary School, Oton Iloilo of School Year 2012 – 2013?
Top of Form
SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
Researcher study on the factors that contribute to the Addiction of Grade Five Pupils to Computer Online Games that affect the Academic Performance Among Elementary Students of Oton Central Elementary School , Oton Iloilo from School year 2012 – 2013 to determine their Gender, and Age. The study may help parents, teachers, guidance counselor, school principal, and other helping professionals learn and identify about the factors such as classroom interaction and lack of socialization, as well as the negative effects that they experienced from these computer online games and if their studies are affected by playing computer games. A combination of these factors may also be causes of this behavior.
To determine the factors that contribute to the Bullying of Pupils among Elementary Students in Oton Central Elementary School , Oton Iloilo from School year 2012 – 2013.
GRADE AND SECTION: ____________________________
AIMS: To determine the addiction of Grade Five pupils to computer online games that affect the Academic Performance among elementary students of Oton Central Elementaryinvestigate the effects of grade level, gender and age of pupil’s who have experience being bullied/non-bullied and on the definition of bullying. METHODS: Written questionnaire responses to the question. Answer the following questions by writing / (check) if you agree to the question and X if you do not agree.
Q U E S T I O N S| YES| NO|
1. Playing computer games is fun.| | |
2. Spend less time doing homework.| | |
3. Deficits in reading and writing.| | |
4. Studies not affected by playing computer games.| | | 5. Play more time with classmates and friends.| | |
6. Prefer their studies than playing computer games.| | | 7. Most favorite hobby of most students.| | |
8. Chooses studying and sports.| | |
9. Boys play more frequently than girls.| | |
10. Playing pc games are not bad.| | |