1. Describe the Transworld business model and identify Transworld’s objectives and strategies
2. Detail Transworld’s current performance
3. How has Transworld traditionally measured its performance (pre-Ellen Bright’s proposed changes to performance measurement)?
4. Describe the key characteristics of Ellen Bright’s proposed changes to performance measurement and evaluate whether the proposed changes are justified
5. Evaluate the design of the Strategy Map for the Economy division?
– What aspects of are designed well? Why? What aspects are problematic? Why?
6. Evaluate the design of the BSC for the Economy division?
– What aspects of the BSC are designed well? Why?
– What aspects of the BSC are problematic? Why?
7. Do you think the financial performance of the Economy division was impacted by any poor design features in the BSC and strategy map? Why?
Boston Lyric Opera
1. Identify the key challenges facing the BLO.
2. To what extent can better control design solve the BLO’s challenges?
3. Identify a key “Internal”, “Learning and Growth”, “Customer” and “Financial” measure for the Boston Lyric Opera. Justify your choice.
4. Identify the cause-effect linkages running across the four measures you selected in part 3. Is the logic you construct foolproof?
Mobitel Ltd Case 1
1. Draw and describe the Business Model for Case 1 (see Seminar 1 for how to draw a business model)
2. Describe the design and operation of the management controls which form the management control package (MCP) for Case 1
3. What challenges were there to achieving internal consistency in the MCP for case 1?
4. Evaluate how well internal consistency was achieved in the MCP for case 1.
5. What does Equifinality mean in the context of management control choices?
Mobitel Ltd Case 2
1. Draw and describe the Business Model for Case 2 (see Seminar 1 for how to draw a business model)
2. Describe to the design and operation of the management