ACCT11059 – USING ACCOUNTING FOR DECISION MAKING
Activity 3: In depth review of a Company Annual Report
1. Address the following issues:
1. Name of chosen Company:
2. The registered address of the Company:
Level 41 Telstra Centre
242 Exhibition Street
Melbourne, VIC 3000
3. The industry the Company is in: Telecommunications Industry
4. Period covered in the Annual report:
5. Does the report contain Highlight statements? If so, what are the key points of the statements?
Yes the reports contain highlight statements
6. What might be the purpose of highlight statements?
The purpose of the highlight statements is to point out the key and important figures which might be of utmost important for investors in the annual reports.
7. Has the annual reports been audited? If so, which company audited the annual reports?
Yes the annual reports of the company have been audited. Ernst & Young audited the annual reports.
8. What is the purpose of auditing annual reports?
The purpose of auditing annual reports is to add credibility to the implied affirmation by an organization’s management that its financial statements fairly represent the organisation’s position and performance to the firm’s stakeholders.
9. List two non-financial pieces of information contained in the financial statements.
Non-financial information refers to information such as general economic conditions, technological changes in the client’s industry and new products from competitors. Two non-financial pieces of information is environmental regulation and performance and Industry dynamics.
2. Provide the following amounts from your...
References: ➢ www.telstra.com.au/annualreports viewed on 4th September 2010.
Please join StudyMode to read the full document