Advantages and Disadvantages of Modern Technology Based on the Perception of 2nd Year BSAMT Students in PATTS College of Aeronautics
Wilfredo Buhayo III
Gino De Jesus
Statement of the Problem
This study sought to identify the advantages and disadvantages of modern technology based on the perception of 2nd year BSAMT students. Specifically it answers the following questions
1. What are the reasons of the students in using modern technology? 2. What are the effects of using modern technology in the learning of students? 3. How can the students maximize the use of technology in learning?
The design of this study is a survey method which refers to a descriptive approach. It has the intention to determine the correlation between subtopics. Included in this study's sample population of hundreds respondents to ensure the validity of the estimate of the overall relationship between the variables obtained. Findings
1. The total number of respondents that comprised our data gathering is 168 2nd year BS Aircraft Maintenance Technology from different sections.
2. Most 2nd year AMT students take 1-2 hours/day of WIFI usage for Educational purposes pointing out that using technology students can lessen their time in doing their homework. Though some takes more than 3 to 5 or even more hours in using it indicating that they are mostly using the internet nowadays rather than books.
3. If WIFI was ever possible in the school the respondents mostly answered that they will use it generally for learning unlike the other respondents you answered to use it for playing and socializing. WIFI connection brings us the world wide web to the palm of our hands it may be advantages for learning it is still open disadvantages such as gaming and socializing which is a distraction in a students learning.
4. Ever since technology incorporated applications in our mobile phones it has helped us every day from personal and school activities indicating that it is now essentials in our lifestyle since the respondents answered mostly that mobile phones and their apps is the biggest benefit of using digital media in the classroom. 5. PATTS is on the verge in improving and incorporating technology in its facilities and from the respondents they have chosen that the school should focus on mounting projectors in each classroom together with speakers to integrate audio visual learning which will benefit the students well because through the use of projectors instructors can now PowerPoint their lessons, play videos to understand complicated things like (e.g. “how a rocket works?”)
6. The school has provided its library with computers so it can help students research topics and lessons in the school with internet. Though it lacks performance in terms of the computers being used that it needs improvement as said by the respondents that the internet connection is sometimes not working and the computers performance is slow and laggy therefore reducing its worth and functionality in the school.
7. Respondents answered that projectors is neither agree nor disagree in making them more active and attentive in class. Agree because they are able to understand the lessons very well and disagree because they tend to be sleepier because some instructors just read their presentations.
8. Internet/online is better than books is neither agree nor disagree. Agree because they are a lot easier to find by simply using a computer and just copy paste and printing it. While others answered disagreeing because some online e references are opinionated therefore not good sources for getting information. 9. Taking pictures of lessons written on the board is better than writing notes is neither agree nor disagree. Agree because you don’t have to write anymore and just saved photos and just view it later and also you don’t have to bring...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document