7.1 Work File Review
To prepare for the 7.1 Female Reproductive System quiz, carefully complete the work below. Section 1: Fill in the blanks using the word bank below. Site 1
Word bank for the fill in the blank activity below: Ovaries, bladder, fallopian tubes, uterus, rectum, endometrium, menstruating, vagina, urethra, cervix
Fill in the blanks using the word bank above.
1. This organ is muscular and houses the developing fetus. __uterus__________ 2. The ______endometrium___________ is the lining of the uterus.
3. The process of _____menstruating__________ is the periodic shedding of the lining of the uterus.
4. The _____fallopian tubes_________________ are located on either side of the uterus and serve as a passage way from the ovaries to the uterus. 5. The _____ovary_________ is the female reproductive gland that matures the egg/ova. 6. The muscular organ that stores urine is the __bladder______________.
7. The __vagina_________ is a muscular, elastic tube in the female that is a passageway from the uterus to the outside of the body; the birth canal. 8. A tube called the urethra__________ extends from the bladder to the outside of the body. 9. The __cervix________ is located at the bottom of the uterus and must dilate 8 cm during childbirth.
Section 2: You have completed the first section of this activity by locating and describing the functions of the female reproductive system. Using the information you learned through your research, complete Section 2. Site 2
Carefully route the path the egg takes from maturation in the ovary to implantation in the endometrium (uterine lining). Be sure to include the site of fertilization and what happens to an egg that is not fertilized.
1. Once a month the ovary matures an egg due to messages sent from the pituitary gland. 2. This mature egg (ova) then is released from the ovary. This process is called ovulation.
Please join StudyMode to read the full document