Heart Test #1
1. The semilunar valves are located at the beginning of large vessels that carry blood _____ from the heart.
2. The atrium and ventricle on each side of the heart are separated by one-way valves called ______.
a. Atrioventricular valves
b. Astrophysical valves
c. Primary valves
d. Pulmonary valves
3. The AV valves allow blood to flow in only one direction – from the ______ to the ventricles.
4. Another name for the right atrioventricular valve is the _____.
a. Meniscus valve
b. Mitral valve
c. Trigonal valve
d. Tricuspid valve
5. Another name for the mitral valve is the ______.
a. Left atrioventricular valve or pulmonic valve
b. Left atrioventricular valve or bicuspid valve
c. Aortic valve
d. Apple valve
6. The left semilunar valve is also known as the
a. Aortic valve
b. Adam valve
c. Arteriosis valve
d. Artistic valve
7. The right side of the heart is separated from the left side by a muscular wall called the _____.
8. The thin walled upper chambers of the heart are called the _____.
9. The heart is a muscular organ about the size of your _____.
10. When resting, your heart beats about _____ times per minute.
b. 20 – 30
c. 3 – 5
d. 60 – 80
11. Inside your heart a special tissue called the _____ causes the heart to beat automatically.
12. The return of the blood to the heart is aided by _____.
a. Big foot
c. A pump in your foot
d. Muscles contracting
13. _____ do not have walls as thick as arteries, but they do have one-way valves.
d. Gas pumps
14. The smallest blood vessels are called _____
c. Crunch berries