Social Assistance - to provide cash assistance to the poor to alleviate their immediate need (short term poverty alleviation); and
Social Development - to break the intergenerational poverty cycle through investments in human capital.
Pantawid Pamilya helps to fulfill the country’s commitment to meet the Millennium Development Goals, namely:
1. Eradicate Extreme Poverty and Hunger
2. Achieve Universal Primary Education
3. Promote Gender Equality
4. Reduce Child Mortality
5. Improve Maternal Health
The poorest households in the municipalities are selected through the National Household Targeting System for Poverty Reduction (NHTS-PR) implemented by the DSWD using the Proxy Means Test. This test determines the socio-economic category of the families by looking at certain proxy variables such as ownership of assets, type of housing, education of the household head, livelihood of the family and access to water and sanitation facilities.
1. Households who are classified as poor based on the NHTS-PR at the time of assessment
2. Households that have children 0-14 years old and/or have a pregnant woman at the time of assessment
3. Households that agree to meet conditions specified in the program. Set of Co-Responsibilities
To avail of the cash grants beneficiaries should comply with the following conditions:
1. Pregnant women must avail pre- and post-natal care and be attended during