NETW310 Week 3 Lab Report
Lab #3, Installation of Structured Cabling
Each answer is worth 2.8 points.
Use a red colored font for you answers.
Place the answers below the questions
1. How often are network standards reviewed?
It would be every other 5 years
2. What category of UTP cabling is the minimum for a telephone cable? The cable would be a category 3
3. What category of cabling should be installed as a best practice for a telephone cable? It would be a category 6
4. What is the problem with leaving abandoned cable in place in a building? Abandoned cable can really be a fire hazard
5. Why must the twisting in the individual wires be maintained in a UTP cable? When twisting cable it is very important because if it gets un twisted it can cause a lot of crosstalk and other interference. 6. How many wires does a gigabit cable use?
It would be 8 wires
7. Is the labeling standard commonly used or not used?
It is used about half the time
8. Grounding should be attached to what in the building?
The grounding should be attached to the relay rack to the telecom bar 9. Horizontal cabling connects what areas to each other?
When you are using Horizontal cable is a good way to connect to equipment to the work area station. 10. What is a plenum rated cable?
It would be a CMP type cable
11. What is a riser tube used for?
It is to prevent signal loss or crosstalk
12. What is the code for plenum rated horizontal cable?
The code is CMR
13. How many wires in a UTP cable does Fast Ethernet use?
It would be 4 wires
14. How many inches should separate UTP cable from 120 volt electrical cable? 2 and above in inches
15. What is the reason for grounding jumpers on each connection in ladder rack? It is very important to prevent power surge powers with the equipment and hazard shock to people 16. Why should overfilling of a riser tube be avoided?
Overfilling tube is not good because you make try to remove other cables...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document