GCE Assignment: “Diversity Management”
Group Research & Report Writing
20% of final course grade Due Date/Presentations: Week 12/13
Objective of Assignment:
To examine beliefs, values and behaviours that form individual and community identities and the basis for respectful relationships in the workplace.
Diversity Management is broader/more inclusive than employment equity. The current labour market includes four generations in the workplace and an increased reliance on migrant workers; diversity in the workplace is greater than ever. Not only are the work teams more diverse, but also with a global market, so are businesses’ clients. Diversity, generally means differences, any difference that you can conceive: height, weight, eye color, right handed vs. left handed, gender, physical ability, age, ethnicity, and on a deeper level: parental status, sexual orientation, beliefs, values, work style, etc.*
Source: The textbook and from an article by Kathline Holmes
1. This assignment requires you to prepare a written team report (content details required are noted below).
2. Team composed of regular groups that have formed for this class.
3. Prepare a word-processed file of no more than 8 pages, 1.5 spaces with a font size of 12.
4. Please attach a cover page that MUST include assignment title, group names & ID, course #, my name & submission date.
5. APA Format - Pages MUST be properly electronically numbered, mentioning sections etc……….
6. Create a Table of Contents in a proper word format in a page.
7. Please submit an electronic copy of your assignment on dropbox by November 28th 2014. Late papers will be penalized 10% per day.
8. The paper must be authored by the HRMT 301 students to be graded.
9. To assist you in preparing your paper please review Chapter 2 in your