C.U.H.K. ECON1420B/UGEC1560QB Basic Banking and Finance (Spring 2014 Midterm Test) NAME: ____________________________________(______________________) Student I.D.: s_________________ Part I: M.C. – Select the best answer and write the letter into corresponding box for each question. (@ 2 points)
1. Financial markets can channel savings to ___.
C.U.H.K. ECON1420B/UGEC1560QB Basic Banking and Finance (Spring 2014 Midterm Test)
16. The current yield is the ___ divided by the price.
B) face value
C) annual dividend
D) annual payment
Social responsibility of a company involves ___. A) employer
D) all of the above
18. ___ of money can facilitate transaction in small quantities. A) Liquidity
The security market line (SML) is simply a plot of expected returns of investments with respect to its beta, the ___ of the investment to the market portfolio.
20. ___ analysis compares companies across the industry or with companies in other industries. A) Longitudinal
B) Cross-sectional C) Technical
2. Financial markets can improve economic efficiency through the ___ discovery. A) bank
3. Exchange Fund Bills and Notes are Hong Kong dollar ___ issued by Hong Kong Monetary Authority. A) papers
D) debt securities
4. Hong Kong has launched an ___-linked retail bond (iBond) which is basically ___–free. A) Inflation, tax
B) Interest, tax
C) Inflation, risk
D) Interest, risk
5. In financial markets, funds are...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document