MVNOs have experienced various stages of expansion and contraction since their first inception. A number of major brands such as ESPN and Disney have entered and left the market after experiencing significantly lower than forecast subscriber growth.
Current MVNOs have signicantly refined their approach to the market and have delivered business models and technical innovation at a faster rate than their host operators. In addition, MVNOs have demonstrated that they can service their customer base profitably and offer services that MNOs are not able to deliver within their broad brand approach. This has attracted a number of MNOs to adopt the MVNO model to achieve brand segmentation.
- Basic mobile functionality needs
- Either PAYG or post pay monthly tariff bundle selected on tariff pricing criteria
- Landline replacement tariff solutions
Voice & SMS
- Single mobile device that allows access to aditional value communication formats such as e-mail, video calling, social networking etc
- Mobile device selected as a lifestyle choice
Voice & Data
- Single point delivery of all mobile voice and data needs including value added servcies for mobile productivity enhancement.
- Services include:
Mobile asset management
Cost centre billing
- Single point delivery of all fixed / mobile data connectivity and IT services and support.
- Converged services include:
Voice & Voip
Messaging & Collaboration
- Additional device to primary mobile handset connection
- Consumer devices with embeded mobile data to enhance the device’s functions such as game playing, media etc
- Includes USB data modem devices and fixed broadband