2. Does modern technology make life more convenient, or was life better when technology was simpler?
ENGLISH FOR WRITTEN COMMUNICATION
INSTRUCTIONS TO STUDENTS
1. This assignment contains SEVEN (7) questions that are set in the language of the printed module for the course, answer FIVE (5) only.
2. Answer in English.
3. Download the language version of the assignment template concerned from the MyVLE for preparation and submission of your assignment. Your assignment should be typed using 12 point Times New Roman font and 1.5 line spacing.
4. Your assignment should be between 500 words long (each essay) excluding references. The number of words should be shown at the end of your assignment.
5. You must submit your assignment TO YOUR FACE-TO-FACE TUTOR. You are advised to keep a copy of your submitted assignment for personal reference.
6. Your assignment must be submitted between 08th – 10th November 2013 or Tutorial 4. Submission after 10th November 2013 or Tutorial 4 will NOT be accepted.
7. Your assignment should be prepared individually. You should not copy another person’s assignment. You should also not plagiarise another person’s work as your own.
This assignment accounts for 50% of the marks for the course mentioned and shall be assessed based on the Rubrics or Answer Scheme.
You would be informed of the assignment mark before the Final Semester Examination commences.
PLAGIARISM : MARKS DEDUCTION Warning : The submitted assignment will automatically undergo a similarity check. If plagiarism is detected, marks would be deducted as follows:
Assignments with 10 - 30 % overlap with others: 20% deduction from the total marks scored.
Assignments with 31 - 50 % overlap with others: 40% deduction from the total marks scored.
Assignments with more than 50%