Assignment & Case overview:
Assignment # 2
(60 points: 10 per question, 20 points for question 1 and 2)
For the company/brand you selected in last week’s Assignment 1, answer the following questions (if it’s hard to think of business clients then assume the company has a business client or ask your lecturer for advice): 1) Map out the buying behaviour of the company’s or brand’s customers. In doing so please consult chapter 5 of Kotler and evaluate the following aspects (20 points): - which personal factors are of impact and how do these impact? - what kind of buying decision behaviour are we looking at?
- What does the buying decision process for this company’s products look like?
2) Map out the buying behaviour of business clients. Please consult chapter 6 of Kotler and evaluate the following aspects (20 points):
- What business clients is this company dealing with?
- Which variables do affect the buying behaviour of these business clients?
3) What are the most striking differences between the consumer- and business clients when evaluating the buying behaviour for the products of this company? (10 points)
4) Do you think that your company or brand of choice makes good use in their marketing efforts of the observed buying behaviour of the two customer groups? Please explain your answer. (10 points)
Case Week 2: Porsche
Please read the case on page 171-173 and answer the following questions:
Question 1: analyse the buyer decision process of a traditional Porsche customer. (10 points)
Question 2: contrast the traditional Porsche customer decision process to the decision process for a Cayenne or a Panamera customer. (10 points)
Question 3: which concepts from the chapter explain why Porsche sold so many lower-priced models in the 1970s en 1980s? (10 points)
Questions 4: Explain how both positive and negative attitudes toward a brand like Porsche develop. How might Porsche change consumer attitudes toward the brand? (5 points)
Question 5: What role does the Porsche brand play in the self-concept of its buyers? (5 points)
Answer Form Marketing Week 2
(Total points to be earned: 100) Team #
7 Class IB10 Names:
Arne de Bruin
Assignment # 2
(60 points: 10 per question, 20 points for questions 1 an 2)
1) Map out the buying behaviour of the company’s or brand’s customers. In doing so please consult chapter 5 of Kotler and evaluate the following aspects: (20 points)
- which personal factors are of impact and how do these impact? Age and life cycle:
A dad can influence his son to become a fan of the NFL by being a fan of the NFL himself that way a dad can unconsciously influence the buying behaviour of his son. Furthermore the age of the customer influences the size of clothing he or she will buy. For example a 5 year old kid will get/buy a children’s small while a 40 year old grown up will buy a adult size large shirt which is more expensive.
The economic situation will greatly influence the buying behaviour of the costumer because the certain amount of money the costumer makes will also decide the amount of money that he or she can spent on hobby’s, furthermore the amount of money the costumer makes will enable him or her to buy more expensive clothing or games.
The lifestyle of a person will greatly influence the buying behaviour of the costumer because for example if I’m a fashionable guy I am more likely to buy clothing items that stand out and attract attention, and if I’m a non-fashionable guy I will probably buy nfl apparel that doesn’t stand out. Another example is if I’m a die-hard nfl fan I will be more likely to buy season...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document