Technology enabled shared mobility:
With the increase in the smartphones and the Internet-based technologies, the Intelligent transport system and the mass level marketing of the connected vehicles helps in the improvement of the efficiency of the shared mobility and the multi modal transportation system.
The increment in the availability, capability and the affordability of the various ITS, GPS and wireless technologies available joined with the data availability and the data sharing enabled the people to use various smartphone applications to meet their mobility needs. These applications are also working as the wallet for the payment (paperless and the joint payment options and used for the booking …show more content…
Membership-Based Self-Service Model:
The five common characteristics of this models are:
• Organized group of participants
• Consists of one or more shared vehicle, bicycles, scooters and some other low-speed mode of vehicles.
• The various decentralized network of different pods or the stations are used for departure and arrival for the roundtrip or the station based one-way services or the network of the free0floating decentralized vehicles and the arrival locations within the confined geographic boundary.
• Short term access
• Self-service access
These models also include:
• Round trip services: in which the vehicle, bicycle or the slow speed modes are returned to their origin.
• One-way station-based: in which the vehicle, bicycle or the slow speed modes are returned to different available designated station locations.
• One-way free floating: in which the vehicles and the slow speed modes are returned anywhere within the geographic …show more content…
2. Peer-to-Peer (P2P) Service Models:
It is the model in which the system enables the vehicle and the bicycle owners to rent their own vehicles when they are not in use. In this model, the companies broker provide the platform (like the online platform, customer support, driver and the motor vehicle safety certificate, insurance and other technologies) to make the exchange of the bicycles and other vehicles easily.
• Similar to the other systems (like the car sharing and the bike sharing), the P2P model have their own service markets. For ex. Spinlister is the P2P bicycle sharing system of North America. Bitlock is another company which provides keyless Bluetooth locks which are generally used for the P2P sharing system. Getaround and Turo are the operators which provide Carsharing services in the metropolitan markets.
There were three P2P mobility sharing systems started in January 2015, which