A. Answer the following:
1. Where do Suemi and her family live? · Dzitya which is in the Yucatan peninsula of Mexico.
2. What Indian tribe are they descendants of? · The Mayans
3. What is their town like? · It’s really rundown looks like a Spanish settlement, and rocks are used to make the houses and fences.
4. What does Suemi’s father do for a living? · He grows limes, oranges, and papayas.
5. Describe the ruins that Suemi and her family visited. · They are mostly temples and palaces, they are old and a bit rundown but they are pretty much all in one piece.
B. Write a short composition in English comparing and contrasting Suemi’s life with your own. You will be graded on accuracy, structures, and your ability to compare and contrast. Be sure and include the following:
Suemi’s life is very different from mine, she has household shores that require for her to go outside and use her hands. The most I do in my house is watch the dishes and its not as hard to do as it is for her. The transportation is basically the same we catch a bus in order to get to school but if she misses it she will have to walk for hours, I on the other hand just call my mom. She lives in a house with not much privacy, I live in an apartment but I have my privacy and I have air conditioning. Her school is the same too but she has to do her homework first if not she has no light I can do it whenever I like. In food we are the same except I have more choices on what I eat and how I eat she on the other hand can’t be