104 Exam 1A S14 VA KEY E1 Nkl1 1
Spring 2014 Exam 1
1. Do NOT open this exam until you are told to do so. Opening the exam before the start of the exam is considered an act of Academic Dishonesty.
2. All answers must be bubbled into the scantron answer sheet.
3. No credit will be given for answers written on this exam.
4. You must use a #2 pencil to bubble in the answers on your scantron.
5. This is a multiple choice exam consisting of 30 questions (7 pages). Each question is worth 3.33 points.
6. There is one extra credit question on this exam (page 8). The extra credit question is worth an additional 5 points.
7. Attached to the back of this exam you will find 3 blank pages, an appendix (formula sheet) and a periodic table. You may remove these from the exam at your convenience.
8. On the FRONT of your scantron.
Write your last name, followed by your first name.
Write your exam version (A or B)
9. On the BACK of your scantron:
Write and bubble in BOTH your last and first name. Make sure to bubble in your names as follows: Last Name (leave a space) First Name NOTE: You must bubble in the space on your scantron!
Hunter College Academic Dishonesty Statement
Hunter College regards acts of academic dishonesty (e.g., plagiarism, cheating on examinations, obtaining unfair advantage, and falsification of records and official documents) as serious offenses against the values of intellectual honesty. The college is committed to enforcing the CUNY Policy on Academic Integrity and will pursue cases of academic dishonesty according to the Hunter College Academic Integrity Procedures.
Any suspected cases of academic dishonesty will be reported without exception.
Multiple Choice Questions: (3.33 pts each)
For Questions 1 and 2 consider the phase diagram for substance X. Substance X is sensitive to changes in temperature and pressure and so it is stored in a sealed container at 24 atm and -100 °C.
1) According to the phase