For most of us, Halloween is a scream! Haunted houses, creative costumes, scary-themed parties, and plenty of candy, usually makes for a familiar and fun evening. If you’re looking for some other impressive ways to enjoy Halloween though, either on October 31 or the weekend before, check these out:
1. Fright Nights at the PNE: Perfect for teens, Playland’s Halloween extravaganza includes 8 haunted houses, 20 scary rides, and live performances. This is great for people who really like a genuinely scary fun time. Don’t go alone! (Select nights, October 6 – 31).
2. Scary Movie Marathon: Horror movies are most fun when seen in groups and depending on your age and ability to withstand a good scare, this can …show more content…
Start a Tradition: Whether it’s hosting a pre-Halloween potluck, building a haunted house in your garage, having a family pumpkin-carving contest, making homemade rootbeer, visiting a retirement home in full costume, or dropping off food and treats at your local food bank, this is a good time to start a new family …show more content…
Thrill The World Vancouver: This is an annual dance event in which participants simultaneously emulate the zombie dance in Michael Jackson’s ‘Thriller’ music video. Thrill Day takes place Oct 28, from Noon – 4pm at the Creekside Community Centre Gym (dance at 3pm at Olympic Village Square). Check out rehearsal dates online.
8. Escape Room Experience: Vancouver’s numerous escape rooms will be sporting a number of seasonal puzzles that will doubtless give you some fresh costume ideas! ‘Hospital of Horror’ isn’t an escape experience, but it is being held on select nights throughout October at SmartyPantz Escape Rooms. It’s a completely immersive experience, similar to a haunted house, but more convincing!
9. Hallow’s Eve Trail Race: If you’re a runner, you’ll love the 14th annual marathon, half marathon, and 10km trail races. All races start at the base of Lynn Creek. Awards for best and worst costume. Donations to North Shore Rescue. (Oct 28, starts at 8am, 9am, and 9:30am)
10. Maan Farms Haunted Corn Maze: This year walk through Canada’s scariest maze, the corn field of terror! This year enjoy horrific scenes, hidden interactive props and live actors. You get chased, have to hide, and do whatever it takes to make it out alive. Tickets only available at the door; Maan Farms, 790 McKenzie Rd, Abbotsford. (See maanfarms.com for dates throughout October,