1. “What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.”
Author: Henry Stanley Haskins
Interpretation: Your character is far more important than your past or your future; it’s who you are that matters, not what you’ve done or will do.
2. ”Challenge yourself with something you know you could never do, and what you’ll find is that you can overcome anything.”
Interpretation: By attempting something really difficult and outside of your comfort zone, you will discover how strong you really are.
3. “It is never too late to be what you might have been.”
Author: George Eliot
Interpretation: You are never too old to pursue your dreams.
4. “All our dreams can come true – if we have the courage to pursue them.”
Author: Walt Disney
Interpretation: You can have anything if you are brave enough to go after it.
5. “The best way to predict the future is to invent it.”
Author: Alan Kay
Interpretation: Your life is not decided by fate; you must create the future you want by taking the right actions now.
6. “Life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it.”
Author: Charles R. Swindoll
Interpretation: What happens to you in life is not nearly as important as your reactions to these happenings.
7. “If you cannot do great things, do small things in a great way.”
Author: Napoleon Hill
Interpretation: Even if you don’t achieve any impressive accomplishments in life, it is important to do your best in everything that you do, including the little things.
8. “You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take.”
Author: Wayne Gretzky
Interpretation: If you don’t try, you will never succeed.
9. “If opportunity doesn’t knock, build a door.”
Author: Milton Berle
Interpretation: Don’t wait for things to come to you; take your fate into your own hands.
10. “An obstacle is often a stepping stone.”
Please join StudyMode to read the full document