1.What is positive parenting?
2.What is discipline? How does it differ from punishment?
3.What is active listening? Why is it used by parents?
4.What is guidance? Provide an example of a parent providing guidance to a child?
5.Where can families and parents find support and resources?
1) Positive parenting is an approach that seeks to encourage good behavior in children through clear guidelines and rules. Good communication, rewarding and modeling good behavior, and promoting healthy self-esteem in children. This is believed to be the best parenting style. I would use this parenting style with my kids.
2) Discipline teaches a child how to act.This actions should make sense to a child. It should have something to do with what he has done wrong. Discipline helps a child feel good about himself. It gives him the chance to correct his mistakes. It puts him in charge of his actions. On the other hand, punishment only tells a child that she is bad. Most of the time punishment is bad
3) Active listening is when the kid learns from being given feedback about what they do. Parents tend to use active listening so their child learns from what they did and what they can do to fix what they did.
4) Guidance is when you assist your child with the stuff they are given. Letting them know your point of view. A parent can give guidance by teaching a kid how to do something, for example when the parent is doing laundry and he/she calls their kid to help and they teach their kid to fold clothes
5) Families and parents can get support and resources from The U.S. Children's Bureau, U.S. government, Head Start, and Medicaid.