...After starting a new job Benny applied for a credit card to help him set up in a flat.
The interest rate charged is 16.05% per annum for any amount still owing 30 days after the statement date.
Task 1 – Making minimum repayments
After the second month Benny decided not to use his credit card for new purchases until he had paid back what he owed.
1. Fill in the following table for 6 months showing Benny making minimum repayments of the amount owing (usually calculated at 5% of total outstanding).
Making minimum repayments
Owed at start
2. Clearly show the interest calculations for months 2 and 3.
Mouth2: I=$2,273.50×0.013375 Mouth3: I=$2,079.28×0.013375
3. Calculate the total paid in interest at the end of 6 months.
4. Estimate how long it will be before Benny clears the amount he owes. Clearly show the calculations for your estimate.
Amount owing is decreasing in roughly...
...1) Beta can be negative because it tries to quantify the relationship between the stock (or whatever else you are applying it to) and the market. Gold is an example of something with a negative beta. Remember, this doesn't represent zero-risk. It shows that, all else equal, the gold should move opposite the market as a whole in a macro setting. Try to think about it more like a relationship.
2) The beta varies between different companies because at the end of the day each company is different. No two are alike. They are compared to the market as a whole (in the form of returns, etc.) in order to attempt to quantify the risk. The risk that matters is the systematic risk. People try to mitigate or diversify away the company specific risk in a set of portfolios. You aren't looking at the risk of the market each time you look at beta; you are looking at how the stock (or whatever you are applying statistics to) interacts with the market. There is a return for risk taking; however, the market doesn't reward unnecessary risk taking. Unnecessary risk taking=not diversifying away the company specific risk.
1. What is financial management all about?
2. In general what are the principles on which the Modified Accelerated Cost Recovery System (MACRS) is based?
3. You have been offered a note with four yrs to maturity, which will pay $3000 at the end if each of the 4 yrs, the price of the note to you is $10200, what is the implicit compound annual interest rate you will...
但是，1975年颁布的《全体残疾儿童教育法》中的全体残疾儿童只是指3～21岁的残疾儿童，3岁以下残疾婴幼儿的特殊教育服务仍然没有得到法律保障。直到1986年，美国国会对1975年的《全体残疾儿童教育法》进行修正，通过了《99-457公法》，要求各州逐步建立全州范围的、综合的、多学科和多部门合作的早期干预计划，即“残疾婴儿和学步儿早期干预计划”(the Early Intervention Program for Infants and Toddlers with...
Abstract The ideal of the domination of nature occupies a prominent place in American culture. Rich natural resources have been the foundation of American society. The killing of wildlife was an important part of American history and had far-reaching effects. Wildlife protection since the later part of the 19th century was a reaction to the over-killing of wildlife and it gradually changed people’s attitudes toward wildlife. But wildlife protection faces new challenges today. This essay describes the process of wildlife destruction and the background to wildlife protection in American history. It hopes to draw attention to several questions, including the limitations of wildlife protection in America, the relationship between commercial hunting and animal meat industry, and the importance of ethics in animal protection.
Key words: Wildlife, environmental history of the U.S. , environmental ethics
...History And Anthology of American Literature (VolumeⅠ)
PartⅠThe Literature of Colonial America殖民主义时期的文学
1. 17世纪早期English and European explorers开始登陆美洲。在他们之前100多年Caribbean Islands, Mexico and other Parts of South America已被the Spanish占领。
2. 17th早期English settlements in Virginia and Massachusetts(弗吉尼亚和马萨诸塞)开始了美国历史
3. 美国最早殖民者(earliest settlers)included Dutch ,Swedes ,Germans ,Freunch ,Spaniards ,Italians and Portugueses (荷兰人，瑞典人，德国人，法国人，西班牙人，意大利人及葡萄牙人等)。
4. 美国早期文学主要为the narratives and journals of these settlements采用in diaries and in journals(日记和日志)，他们写关于the land with dense forests and deep-blue lakes and rich soil.
5. 第一批美国永久居民：the first permanent English settlement in North America was established at Jamestown,Virginia in 1607(北美弗吉尼亚詹姆斯顿)。
6. 船长约翰·史密斯Captain John Smith他的作品(reports of exploration)17th早期出版，被认为是美国第一部真正意义上的文学作品in the early 1600s,have been described as the first distinctly American literature written in English.他讲述了filled with themes, myths, images, scenes, character and events,吸引了朝圣者和清教徒前往lure the Pilgrims and the Puritans.
7. 美国第一位作家：1608年Captain John...
Hu Zhuangling stated in Linguistic: A Course Book (2001), “Language has to serve various purposes as there are different types of occasions for using it.” In written languages, major focuses from the linguists are on literature, government documents, law items or business materials, while nowadays, public signs are gaining the attention from all around China. Plenty of studies and researches are carried out lately. Bilingual public signs, meaning public signs written both in Chinese and English, are prevailing in major cities in China with the development of opening and reform. With the steady growth in the population of overseas foreigners traveling and migrating, public signs which can provide different kinds of information are going to assist more people increasingly.
Public signs provided in English language, mainly written languages with or without pictures, surely bring convenience to English users in China, particularly, tourists and businessmen who have the necessity of understanding the signs in Chinese streets and places. But what if these signs or the English versions are wrong compared with the original Chinese meanings? The current situation of bilingual public signs or English public signs in China is far from satisfying. Bunches of wrong translations of public signs can be found, most of which are caused by careless spelling, grammar errors, cultural gaps or proficiency failures of translators. In major cities like Beijing and...
...fundamental test of Mr Xi’s vision will be his attitude to the rule of law. The good side of the dream needs it: the economy, the happiness of his people and China’s real strength depend on arbitrary power being curtailed. But corruption and official excess will be curbed only when the constitution becomes more powerful than the party. This message was spelled out in an editorial in a reformist newspaper on January 1st, entitled “The Dream of Constitutionalism”. The editorial called for China to use the rule of law to become a “free and strong country”. But the censors changed the article at the last minute and struck out its title. If that is the true expression of Mr Xi’s dream, then China still has a long journey ahead.
这是有关中国的新主席和他为自己的民众提出的新口号。经济学人中国人的中国梦有诸多误解，我认为需要更深层次的探讨。(1073 words in all)...
Chapter 1 - GLOBALIZATION
Your company has developed a new product that is expected to achieve high penetration rates in all the countries where it is introduced, regardless of the average income status of the local populace. Considering the costs of the product launch, the management team has decided to initially introduce the product only in countries that have a sizeable population base. You are required to prepare a preliminary report with the top ten countries of the world in terms of population size. Since growth opportunities are another major concern, the average population growth rates should be also listed for management’s consideration.
You are working for a company that is considering investing in a foreign country. Management has requested a report regarding the attractiveness of alternative countries based on the potential return of FDI. Accordingly, the ranking of the top 25 countries in terms of FDI attractiveness is a crucial ingredient for your report. A colleague mentioned a potentially useful tool called the “FDI Confidence Index” which is updated periodically. Find this index, and provide additional information regarding how the index is constructed. In addition, discuss the changes that have taken place over the years...