* Group and its types
* Organization and types
* Elements of groups dynamics
* Formal organization and its types
* Sexual orientation
* Theories of sexuality
* What are social groups?
social groups are two or more people who identify with and interact with one another. * Types of groups
* Primary group: it is small personal and lasting .
Example: family and close friend
* Secondary group: it is large, impersonal and goal-oriented and often of shorter duration * Example: a college class or a corporation.
* Elements of group dynamics
* Group leadership
* Instrumental leadership focuses on completing tasks.
* Expressive leadership focuses on groups well being.
The asch ,milgram and janis research shows that group members often seek agreement and may pressure one another towards conformity.
* Group size and diversity
* Peter Blau claimed that larger groups turn inward, socially diverse group turn outward and physically segregated groups turn inward. * What are formal organization?
Formal organization are large secondary groups organized to achieve their goals efficiently.
All formal organization operate in an organizational environment, which is influenced by * Technology
* Political and economic trend
* Current events
* Population patterns
* Types of organization
* Utilitarian organization: it pay people for their efforts. * Example: a business or government agency.
* Coercive organization: in this people are forced to join. * Example: prison and mental hospital.
* Normative organization: they have goals peoples considered worthwhile. * Example : voluntary association.
* WHAT IS SEXUALITY?
* Sexuality is a biological issue.
* it is determined at conception as a male sperm joins a...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document