Department of Psychology
University Ateneo de Cagayan
Final Output: The Person in Me (An Autobiography that uses Psychological Concepts)
Objective: The purpose of this final output for all General Psychology classes is for you, our students, to be able to identify the role of psychology and various psychological concepts in your lives using a lifespan approach. This activity aims to help you understand that psychology can be applied on a daily basis and that the field can:
help explain who you are as a unique individual and as part of the social environment help you internalize how building good relationships are essential in life assist you in handling your challenges and choosing your direction in life
How to go about writing your story:
1. Think about your audience and try to see things from their perspectives. Aside from the person who will evaluate the quality of your autobiography, who else will you be sharing it with? Is it your friends, family members? What type of readers are they? Do they prefer stories with humor? Do they like reading facts and itty-bitty details?
2. Think about your capacity – can you easily express yourself in prose or in poetry? Do you need to include pictures so that you can tell your story?
3. Think of the direction of your story. Will you be doing Flashbacks? Will you be writing in Chronological order?
4. After deciding on the above, start writing your story. Let the words flow since your first work will most likely be your draft.
5. When you have written your story, read it again. This time analyze which parts of your story can be connected to psychological concepts.
6. Once you have identified these parts, insert the psychological concepts into the story.
E.g. “I can remember that when I was 7 years old, I lied to my mother about not getting money from her wallet. Although this was deliberate deception and although I regret the day that I did it, I do understand now...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document