SYMBIOSIS INSTITUTE OF BUSINESS MANAGEMENT
MBA (2012-2014 )
|The course provides a foundation to microeconomics and gives an understanding of the basic principles of microeconomics. It also | |explains analytical tools of economics used to understand business organizations and the dynamics of business. It deals with basic | |dynamics of the market through the analysis of the economics of consumption and production. |
• Case Analysis
• Problem solving
• Discussions and debates
• Diagrammatic explanations
• Power point presentations
|Session No.1 |Topic |: |Introduction to Economics: Origin,evolution,Basic concepts and Definitions | | |Exercise |: |Case analysis | | |Essential Readings |: |Mankiw, N.Gregory.Economics: Principles and Applications ,Cengage Learning India, New | | | | |Delhi.2011(P. 3-15). | | | | |Baumol, William J and Alan S Blinder, Economics: Principles and Policies, Cengage | | | | |Learning India Pvt Ltd, 2009(P.39-52). | | |Optional Readings |: |Tucker,Irvin B. Economics for Today’s World. Canada: Thomson South Western, | | | | |2008(P.2-16) | | |Case |: |Tiger Woods | | | | |Taylor, John B., and Ritika Gugnani.Principles of Micro Economics. New Delhi: Himal | | | | |Impressions, 2009.P.(3-4) |
|Session No.2 |Topic |: |Introduction to Economics: Origin,evolution,Basic concepts and Definitions | | |Exercise |: |Case analysis | | |Essential Readings |: |. Krugman, Paul. and Robin Wells. Micro Economics. New York: Worth Publications, | | | | |2009.(P.1-20). | | |Optional Readings |: |Mankiw, N.Gregory.Economics: Principles and Applications (P. 3-15). | | |Case |: |Opportunity cost of Establishing SEZs in India | | | | |Taylor, John B., and Ritika Gugnani.Principles of Micro Economics. New Delhi: Himal | | | | |Impressions, 2009.(P.10) |
|Session No.3 |Topic |: |Methodology in Economics, Economic analysis: | | | | |Micro and macro | | |...
References: 1. Dhingra, I.C.Managerial Economics: Theories, Applications and Cases. Sultan Chand Publications, New Delhi, 2003.
2. Dwivedi D.N.Managerial Economics.: Vikas Publishing House, Noida, 2010.
4. Irvin, Tucker B.Economics for Today’s World.: Thomson South Western, Canada, 2008.
6. Lipsey, Robert R., and K Alex Chrystal. Economics.: Oxford University Press, New Delhi, 2004.
7. Pindyck, Robert S., and Daniel L.Rubifield.Micro Economics.: Prentice Hall India Pvt Ltd, New Delhi, 2005.
8. Salvatore, Dominick. Managerial Economics in a Global Economy. Thomson Business Information Pvt.Ltd, 2006.
10. Samuelson, Paul. A., and William D.Nordhus.Economics.: Tata Mc Graw Hill, New Delhi, 2005.
Please join StudyMode to read the full document