Intro To Econ notes
* Lesson 1.00: Basic Economic Concepts
* Macroeconomics- the study of our national and global economy * To determine how to allocate our nation’s scarce resources and use them more efficiently * Lesson 1.02: Economic Basics
* 3 basic economic questions
* What goods will be produced?
* How will resources be used in the production process? * Who will receive the goods?
* Ceteris paribus= all other things being equal
* Command economy- government makes all economic decisions about how the factors of production are used * No incentive to take risks b/c government controls economy * Market economy- forces of supply and demand determine how economic questions will be answered * Individuals own the factors of production and have the freedom to buy and sell resources in return for profit or other incentives * Price acts as a rationer of goods and services and determinant of what will be produced * Traditional economy- an economy in which economic decisions are based on traditions * Factors of production- land, labor, capital, entrepreneurial ability * Resources- land, labor, capital, entrepreneurial ability Resource
| Productive resources that come from nature
| Water, trees, minerals
| Human resources
| Physical effort of people, knowledge and skills of people
| Person-produced tools of the trade
| Buildings, equipment, tools, and machines
| intelligence, imagination, and ability to take the risks that are needed to start up and maintain a business
* Lesson 1.03: Scarcity and Opportunity Costs
* Scarcity and Opportunity Cost
* All economic goods are scarce
* Scarcitymakes us make decisions and trade-offsopportunity cost * Trade-off- cost of choice you make
* Opportunity cost- most valued...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document