1) In Mexico and South America, the Spanish found gold and silver. As a result they forced Native Americans to?
2) When arriving in France, the Huguenots (protestants) escaped religious persecution. When they arrived in Florida, the Indians were very nice and generous. What happened that caused a dramatic change in the French & Native American relationship? Answer:
3) As a result of the
, diseases like smallpox, measles, and the flu were brought from Europe to Native Americans in the Americas. Since the Native people had never been exposed to the diseases, their bodies were not able to fight them off and thousands died. Answer:
4) Olives, Onions, and Peaches came from the
World to the
World. Pineapples, Tobacco, and Potatoes came from the
World to the
5) List 3 ways Columbus’ voyages impacted Native Americans
6) A primary source is a document or physical object which was
and at the
of the event. 7) A Young People’s History of the United States by Howard Zinn is an example of a
. 8) Speech by Powhatan 1609
“ Why will you take by force what you may obtain by love? Why will you destroy us who supply you with food? What can you get by war?..We are unarmed, and willing to give you what you ask, if you come in friendly manner” According to the Document, how do Native Americans feel about the new English settlers?
9) “There is no better way to remedy this evil than to do away with and destroy completely the habits and practices of the natives.” In what ways did colonists try to destroy the habits and practices of the native peoples?
10) “It is customary with us to make a present of skins whenever we renew our treaties. We...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document