ECON2209, Business Forecasting, 2014 S1
Course Project (14% + 3% in Total)
1. This project has a value of 14% of the total assessment. In addition, there is a teamwork component worth 3%. The teamwork mark will be based on the online self and peer assessment (see Teamwork Assessment section at the end of this document). 2. This project must be completed in a group of 3 or 4 students. The members of a group come from the same tutorial class. Groups have been alphabetically assigned. Each group is identified by a class number (e.g. Class 2649) and a group number (e.g. Group 2). Please check the spreadsheets in “courseProjectGroups” to see the group you belong to. Each group must select one person to submit the project. Each group should start their project cooperation as soon as practical.
3. Each group must submit one hard copy of the project and one online (soft) copy. 4. The online submission deadline is 11:59pm, Thursday, 5/ June/2014. Each group MUST submit the online copy to Turnitin on the course Blackboard. A link to the project submission will be available in Week 13. Only one member of the group should make the submission – that person must be nominated on the Group Cover Sheet. 5. Each group MUST also submit a hard copy to your tutor at the beginning of your Week 13 tutorial.
6. For both online and hard-copy submission, the project Cover Sheet must be properly filled, which includes the class number, group number, names and student numbers of the group members.
7. A late-submission penalty of 20% will apply for each 24 hours late. This applies to both the hard copy and the soft copy submissions.
8. For hard-copy submission, DO NOT use plastic sheets or binders. Simply staple the pages together. Do not submit loose-leaf sheets of paper.
9. Each student MUST complete a confidential online self and peer assessment by11.59 pm, Tuesday, 10/June/2014. Details about this teamwork assessment will be announced shortly. No marks will be awarded for this teamwork component, which is worth 3%, if the self and peer assessment is not completed by the deadline. 10. All submissions will be checked for plagiarism. The University regards plagiarism as a form of academic misconduct, and has very strict rules regarding plagiarism. Where it can be established that individual students are responsible for the plagiarism, those individual students will be penalised. However, where it is judged that the plagiarism should have been clear to the other group members, the penalty will apply to all members of the group.
THE UNIVERSITY OF NEW SOUTH WALES
School of Economics
ECON2209/5248, Business Forecasting, 2014 S1
Group Cover Sheet
1. Choose one member to submit the project: one soft-copy to be submitted online and one hard-copy to be submitted to your tutor.
2. Class number, group number, all names and student numbers of the group must be filled in on this Cover Sheet.
3. Each group member must complete the online self and peer assessment. Marks on teamwork will be zero if this assessment is not completed by the deadline. Details about the teamwork assessment will be announced shortly (see Teamwork Assessment section at the end of this document).
1. (person for
ECON2209 Course Project Description
Suppose that you work for RealAnswers (a consulting firm specialised in real estate market). Standing at the end of December 2009, you are assigned the task of analysing the monthly series on the building approvals of New South Wales (in the data file buildingApprovals2009Dec.xls). Your client, an international investment fund, is considering the strategies of its future investment in New South Wales real estate market. In particular, your client is interested in the answers to the following questions.
a) What are the main features of the historical building approvals (July/1983 to December/2009)?
b) If the...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document