BE2601: Case-Study (Ethical Reasoning) (Individual) Grading Rubric (S2, AY2012-13) [Case-Study constitutes 10% of total grade] Ethical Reasoning Rubric
Student Name: ____________________________
Learning Objective: The ability to recognize and understand ethical issues, and apply sound ethical reasoning
Ability to sieve out, recognize and identify ethical issues and risks in the case scenario.
Ethical Sensitivity or Awareness
1. To assess the extent to which students are able to recognize ethical issues and their implications, including potential consequences to various stakeholders.
2. Identify aspects of the case situation that are likely to lead to a conflict of interest situation and/or making it susceptible to ethical risks.
Ability to raise pertinent questions or clarify relevant information to obtain a clearer understanding and/or form an appropriate judgment of the issues involved in the case scenario.
Ethical Knowledge, Understanding and Judgment
1. How relevant and incisive are the questions raised and the extent to which they provide a clearer understanding and judgment of the issues involved in the case scenario.
2. How well students draw from and discuss the ethical notions of rights, duty, utility, virtue, or justice and fairness in resolving the problems or issues. Ability to apply sound and robust ethical reasoning in developing viable solutions to resolve the problems or issues.
Ethical Reasoning and Solution
1. How well students apply and prioritize potentially conflicting ethical notions of rights, duty, utility, virtue, or justice and fairness in resolving the problems or issues.
2. The appropriateness and feasibility of proposed solutions under the circumstances and after weighing practical constraints, and ethical and legal considerations.
Unable to identify ethical elements in the
Unable to demonstrate adequate...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document