- About 4000 islands make up the Japanese archipelago, island group. Southern Japan enjoys a mild climate with plenty of rainfall.
- Only 15% of the land is suitable for farming. Natural resources are in short supply.
- Late summer and early fall strong tropical storms (ty...
U.S. History I
FINAL: THURSDAY JUNE 27TH
A. Spanish Exploration of America: Model of colonization: 3G’s GOD, GOLD, GLORY
1. Developed model of colonization in America based on 3 key concepts
a. Spain’s monarchy maintained firm control over its colonies with virtually no autonomy granted...
Great-Lakes St. Lawrence Forest Region, Ottawa St. Lawrence Lowland
Fields can be like prarie, tundra, mudflats, and even burnt lands.
Old fields support many non-native species:
Queen Anne's Lac...
Missouri Compromise = A series of agreements passed by congress in 1820-1821 to maintain the balance of power between slave state and free states
Monroe Doctrine = A policy of U.S. opposition to any European interference in the affairs of the western Hemisphere, announced by President Monroe in 18...
1. Consequences of the Neolithic Revolution didn’t include
* End of hunting-gathering societies
2. Most scholars believe that, during the Paleolithic Age, social organization was characterized by
* A rough social equality
3. The earliest metal worked systemicall...
Paleolithic Age: The period of Stone Age associated with the evolution of humans. Predates the Neolithic period.
Neolithic Age: The period of the Stone Age associated with the ancient Agricultural Revolution(s). Follows by Paleolithic period.
Foragers: People who support themselves by hunting wild...
1. Describe with clear and specific details from the texts the role the state of Florida played in the outcome of the Election of 1876. What other states played a similar role?
In the election of 1876, Rutherford B. Hayes and Samuel Tilden fought a very closely contested campaign. The results o...
On the 28th June 1919, Germany resentfully signed the most famous treaty ever, Versailles. Although years of readjusting the treaty followed, this essay will focus mainly on the strengths and weaknesses of the 440 articles in 1919. The Treaty followed a massive war, with huge human...
1. The cartoon below:
a. Was published shortly after the landslide victory of Franklin D. Roosevelt in the presidential election of 1936
b. Reflected efforts of Franklin D. Roosevelt to submit all legislation to the Supreme Court for an opinion on its constitutionality
c. Was published immed...
History 1378: The US since 1877
Final Exam Review
Part I – Domestic Policy: (75 points) Three of the following four questions will appear on the examination. Of those three you will choose one to answer thoroughly. Each of the questions will require some information from the b...
Doughnut or more popularly known as donut is not a pervasive culinary culture here in Malaysia, although thousands of donuts at roadside stalls and the school canteens have been selling this as long as we can remember. Then came the Dunkin' Donuts (from United States) who revolutioniz...
Chapter 28 Descent into the Abyss: World War I and the Crisis of the European Global Order
1) Approximately how long did World War I last?
A) About four years
B) About two years
C) About six years
D) About one year
E) About three years
Page Ref: 646
-AP World History - StearnsChapter 1 – From Human Prehistory to the Early CivilizationsI. IntroductionA. Human origin – 2.5 million years ago1. 1/4000 of earth’s existence – 24 hour day – last 5 minutesB. Human negatives and positives1. Aggressiveness, long baby time, back problems, death...
TOMORROW (during exam): USE A BLACK OR BLUE PEN. NO PENCILS, NO WHITEOUT. BRING YOUR SESSION NUMBER AND ALL THAT INFO PUT THINGS IN CHRONOLOGICAL ORDER (\__/) IB HISTORY STUDY GUIDE (.___.);;
Hitler = Right Mao = Left Paper 1 - Peacemaking THE BIBLE! Questions Question 1 - Importance and Message ti...
Chapter 14 – The Expansive Realm of Islam
I. Chapter Intro
A. “In 632 CE the prophet Muhammad visited his native city of Mecca from his home in exile at Medina, and in doing so he set an example that devout Muslims have sought to emulate ever since” (B&Z 355). Each year hundreds of th...
War by Act of Germany
-To defend American interests short of war, the president asked Congress for authority to arm American merchant ships.
-An obstruction of Midwestern senators was a reminder of the continuing strength of American isolationism.
-The Zimmermann note was intercepted and publis...
Sukarno + Indonesia 1959-98
Background to two struggles - the Cold War; the struggle against colonialism – and to the confusion between these two mega events
THE COLD WAR
What is capitalism? An economic system based on private property and profit. In countries like Australia the harshness of...
THE STALIN REVOLUTION
* Stalin was a military dictator whose radical ideas weakened Russia but industrialized it very fast and turned the people hard workers by oppressing them.
* Stalin was highly paranoid and persecuted many of his top officials and supporters