Group Decision Support System (GDSS)
Definition - What does Group Decision Support System (GDSS) mean?
Group decision support system (GDSS) technology supports project collaboration through the enhancement...
Self-Service: refers to giving employees online access to info about HR issues such as training, benefits, compensation, and contracts
Outsourcing: having another company provide services
· Conduct important but admin. HR functions such as payroll processing as well as provide expertise in strategically...
* Involves the use of influences to motivate employees to achieve organisational goals
* Is concerned with monitoring employees’ activities, keeping the organization on track toward its goals and making corrections as needed
Effectiveness : the degree to...
two hands of a business that work in synch to achieve the goals that are set by the organisation. Administration is sometimes used to refer to the activities of the higher level of the management group who determine major aim and policies. This can be called the broader use of the term which often used...
Chapter 8 Questions: Human Resources
1. Diagram the sequence of a typical selection process.
-Selection is the process of choosing individuals with qualifications needed to fill jobs in an organization. Without qualified employees, an organization is less likely to succeed. (Hire hard; manage...
challenge, and motivate them to perform the functions of their position to the best of their ability and within standards. Training and development activities provide all involved system of care parties with the tools they need to develop professionally, increase their knowledge, effectively work with families...
for PRojects IN Controlled Environments. PRINCE2 is a process-based approach for project management, providing an easily tailored and scaleable project management methodology for the management of all types of projects. It is a de facto process-based method for effective project management (Prince2...
Your Evaluation in terms of your company
What are the key functions of HRM?
Recruitment, work Safety, Employee relations, Compensation & benefits, compliance, Training & development.
1. Effective utilization of human resources;
2. Desirable working relationships among all...
Human resource management: Gaining a competitive advantage .....6
1.1.1 Definition of Human Resource Management .....................................6
1.1.2 The HRM fuctions ...............................
* International business ‐ (1) a business (or firm) that engages in international (cross‐border) economic activities or (2) the action of doing business abroad.
* Global business ‐ business around the globe.
* Multinational enterprise (MNE) – a firm that engages...
PRODUCTION AND OPERATIONS MANAGEMENT
TOPIC 1: Foundations
STUDY UNIT 1: Introduction to production and ops management
• Explain what production/operations management entails
• justify why production/operations management focuses on managing processes
• distinguish between different...
political and economic changes at many different levels. These changes are occurring rapidly, involuntarily and organizations will never be the same in structure or process as a result.
Taking the case of an organisation of your choice (or more than one, if you feel that one case cannot adequately help you...
feedback givers judge what they perceive as behaviour and not the intentions behind it. A mixture of strengths and areas for development, expectations etc. are made known to the feedback seeker through this development process. Once the feedback is received, the concerned person works on him for further...
WHAT IS STRATEGY?
I. Operational Effectiveness Is Not Strategy
By: Porter, Michael E.., Harvard Business Review, Nov/Dec96, Vol. 74 Issue 6, p61, 18p, 3 diagrams, 1 graph, 2c
For almost two decades, managers have been learning to play by a new set of rules. Companies must be flexible to respond...
THE NATURE OF MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS
Marketing is the set of activities that organisations develop to transfer value, through exchange to their customers. While Communication is a process that conveys shared meaning between individuals, or between organisations and individuals. Together, marketing...
THE ADVANTAGES AND DISADVANTAGES OF ARBITRATION
AS COMPARED TO LITIGATION
Arthur Mazirow, Esq., CRE
Real Estate Arbitrator, Mediator,
Expert Witness and Consultant
Los Angeles, California
Presented to The Counselors of Real Estate
April 13, 2008
Benefits of Unit Trust Scheme
Disadvantages of Unit Trust Scheme
Types of Unit Trust Funds
Growth of Mutual Fund in Malaysia
* Methods of Training & Development
* On the job method
* Off the job method
* Process of Training & Development
* Advantages & Disadvantages
* Identifying training needs
* Company profile
What Is Strategy? By: Porter, Michael E., Harvard Business Review, 00178012, Nov/Dec96, Vol. 74, Issue 6
Business Source Premier
What Is Strategy?
1. Operational Effectiveness: Necessary but Not Sufficient
2. II. Strategy Rests on Unique Activities