2 essay outline #2
Large empires like the Han Dynasty in China and Rome both have similarities and differences in how they ruled and their prosperity shows the effectiveness of those systems they used to rule. The Han dynasty expansion and success mainly comes from their stability of...
Review: Foundations Test #2
What defines a classical society? Similarities and differencesbetween them? (article)
What is the definitions AND significance of the following?
Republic Greeks- influence?
government in Han China differ from those established in Rome after Augustus? What might explain the difference?
7. What were the most important similarities and differencesbetween these two empires, and what do the similarities and differences tell us about the circumstances and the character of...
. Political tradition in India
13. Athenian democracy
14. Greek politics and India politics
15. Romans and engineering
16. Mauryandynasty and Gupta dynasty: characteristics
17. Buddhism’s and Hinduism and their differences
18. Slavery in Roman Era
19. End of the Gupta empire
Analyze similarities and differences in methods of political control in the following empires in the classical period.
Han China (206 B.C.E.-220 C.E.)
Mauryan/Gupta India (320 B.C.E.-550 C.E.)
During the Classical period, Han China and Mauryan/Gupta India developed many methods of...
of evidence (at least one from each empire).
• Evidence must be within the designated time periods.
4. Makes at least one direct, relevant comparison between/among societies.
(The direct comparison may discuss either similarities or differences.)
• To earn this point, the comparison must...
China (206 B.C.E.–220 C.E.)
Mauryan/Gupta India (320 B.C.E.–550 C.E.)
Imperial Rome (31 B.C.E.–476 C.E.)
Analyze similarities and differences in methods of political control in TWO of the following empires in the Classical period.
Han China (206 B.C.E.–220 C.E.)
Mauryan/Gupta India (320...
reasons for similarities and differences.
3. Analyze similarities and differences in techniques of imperial administration in TWO of the following empires.
• Han China (206 B.C.E.–220 C.E.)
• Mauryan/Gupta India (320 B.C.E.–550 C.E.)
• Imperial Rome (31 B.C.E.–476 C.E.)
What Good Responses...
developing Hindu tradition?
4. What differencesbetween Indian and Chinese geography help explain differences in social and cultural patterns?
5. How did the Indian caste system differ from the organization of Chinese society?
6. Compare the social and family structures of India and China in the classical period. What were the main differences? The main similarities?...
economically ○ Monsoons helped them harvest crops 2x a year
● SIMILARITIES/DIFFERENCESBETWEEN MESOPOTAMIA, EGYPT, AND INDUS
○ Mesopotamia and Egypt ■ Similarity:
● Kingship=Dominant political form ■ Difference:
● Worldview (egypt=optimistic, meso=pessimistic)
● Meso= sharp social divisions...
. Wealth and power=> trade, powerful military
. Ashoka Maurya (Mauryan emperor and grandson of founder) converted to Buddhism preaching nonviolence and moderation
21. Gupta Dynasty in India (320-550 CE)
. After Ashoka’s death (232 CE) the empire declined and Chandra...
d. vast insecurity
4. most important differencebetween collapse of Han and Roman Empires: what happened
a. China: about 350 years of disorder, then creation of a similar imperial state (Sui,
Tang, and Song dynasties)
b. Europe: no large-scale imperial system hasever been...
2. Compare the political structures of two of the following classical-age empires.
a. Persian Empire
b. Roman Empire
1. Analyze the continuities and changes in religious belief systems from 600 B.C.E. and 600 C.E. in one of the...
imposed standardization in many spheres and compelled the labor of many people.
Qin- A people and state in the Wei Valley of eastern China that conquered rival states and created first Chinese empire.
Shi Huangdi- Founder of short-lived Qindynasty and creator of the Chinese Empire.
The Qin attack...
in comparison to neighboring peoples and empires
the Arabic camel nomads were referred to as
87. what clan was responsible for the foundation of Mecca?
88. What was the major differencebetween Medina and Mecca
- Political dominance in Medina was ocntested between a...
b. Respect for one’s elders/authority
c. Relationship between ruler/people
3. Decline during Three Kingdoms era due to Taoism/Buddhism
1. Chinese – QinDynasty – most...
. Persian Wars
66. Peloponnesian War
67. Punic Wars
CIVILIZATIONS, KINGDOMS, EMPIRES TO KNOW THINGS ABOUT:
68. Indus River civilization
69. Nile River civilization
70. Huang He civilization
71. Tigris-Euphrates civilization
72. Shang Dynasty
73. Zhou Dynasty
Analyze similarities and differences in techniques of imperial administration in TWO of the following empires: Han China (206 B.C.E.-220 C.E.) Mauryan/Gupta India (320 B.C.E-550 C.E) Imperial Rome (31 B.CE-476 C.E.)
While imperial administration in Han China from 206 B.C.E to 220 C.E. and...
submit this assignment by the due date to receive full credit.
1. Analyze similarities and differences in methods of political control in TWO of the following empires in the Classical period:
• Han China (206 B.C.E.–220 C.E...