classical era, the Spice trade was also prominent.
Silk Roads linked the Eurasian landmass from the Han capital of Chang’an to Byzantium in the Roman Empire
Silk Road trading was conducted over the landmasses with caravans.
Spice trade was more a Maritime trade with the help of boats
Sea lanes from Syria...
Review: Foundations Test #2
What defines a classical society? Similarities and differencesbetween them? (article)
What is the definitions AND significance of the following?
Republic Greeks- influence?
Reading 2.4.4 The Hellenistic Synthesis 125-131
Chapter 5: An Age of Empires: Rome and Han China 753 BCE-600 CE
Reading 2.5.1 Rome’s Mediterranean Empire 136-141
Reading 2.5.2 Rome’s Mediterranean Empire 141-150 Reading 2.5.3 The Origins of Imperial China 152-161
Analyze similarities and differences in methods of political control in the following empires in the classical period.
Han China (206 B.C.E.-220 C.E.)
Mauryan/Gupta India (320 B.C.E.-550 C.E.)
During the Classical period, Han China and Mauryan/Gupta India developed many methods of political...
4. The differencesbetween the Qin and the Zhou.
a. Zhou rules with allied princes and has no strong, central government
b. Qin ruler Shi Huangdi centralized China
c. Qin used bureaucratic rule of provinces
d. Qin were less susceptible to invasion; had better armies
e. Qin built great wall
1. Has acceptable thesis.
• The thesis must include both a valid similarity and a valid difference in methods of
political control in two of the empires.
• The thesis must be relevant to the time period, but the dates need not be explicit.
• The thesis must...
Has acceptable thesis. 1 Point
• The thesis must include both a valid similarity and
• The thesis must be relevant to the time period, but the dates
a valid difference in methods of
political control in two of the empires.
• The thesis must be explicitly stated in the introduction...
Epic of Gilgamesh
Chapter 1 DISCUSSION QUESTIONS (Answer in complete sentences, have a thesis, and support your answer with...
five major themes in the course, such as state building, interactions between or among cultures, or economic systems. Comparative questions always require an analysis of the reasons for the identified similarities and differences. As in the previous continuity and change over time essay, students may...
and thinking skills by showing my ability to diagnose important similarities and differencesbetween the two major religions,
My Venn diagram is okay, but there is room for improvement. It lists some key similarities and differences, but they are worded in an awkward manner.
a. created a massive Greek empire that reached from Egypt and Anatolia to Afghanistan and
b. defeat of Persian Empire, destruction of Persepolis
c. Alexander anointed as pharaoh of Egypt, declared to be “son of the gods”
3. Alexander died in 323 b.c.e.; empire divided into three kingdoms,...
Persian Wars- Conflicts between Greek city-states and the Persian Empire, ranging from the Ionian Revolt though Darius’s punitive expedition that failed at Marathon.
An ambitious Athens took control of a naval empire in the Aegean. The wealth brought in by the empire subsidized Athenian democracy...
Middle Kingdom. Egypt withdrew in 1200 BCE
■ By 800 BCE a powerful new Nubian Kingdom (Meroe) emerged
■ Nubians take over Egypt between 712660 BCE and become 25th Dynasty
● Indus (Indus River Valley)
○ 26001900 BCE (beginning and end of Indus Valley Civilization) ■ May have ended due to a natural...
of bronze weapons by combing copper with tin -> Bronze Age
C. The Big, Early Civilizations: Rivers Deliver
12. Mesopotamia (“land between the rivers”) – River Valley Civilizations
}. Ancient civilizations: Sumer, Babylon, and Persia thrived along the banks
- priest's total control of the state
45. one differencebetween classical civilizations and river-valley civilizations was that in classical civilizations..
- political organizations were more elaborate
46. one differencebetween classical China and the earlier Hwang Ho river-valley civilization...
spread of agriculture beginning around 10,000 years
ago to 5000 years ago.
2. Compare the interaction between humans and the environment between two of the following types of societies
between 3000 B.C.E.
1. Analyze the continuities and changes...
Analyze similarities and differences in techniques of imperial administration in TWO of the following empires: Han China (206 B.C.E.-220 C.E.) Mauryan/Gupta India (320 B.C.E-550 C.E) Imperial Rome (31 B.CE-476 C.E.)
While imperial administration in Han China from 206 B.C.E to 220 C.E. and Imperial...
Analyze similarities and differences in methods of political control in TWO of the following empires in the Classical period:
• Han China (206 B.C.E.–220 C.E.)
• Mauryan/Gupta India (320 B.C.E.–550 C.E.)
• Imperial Rome (31 B.C.E.–476 C.E.)
The Roman Empire seems to...