How Do Sea Stars Move?
Each sea star had hundreds of tiny feet on the bottom of each ray. These are tube feet, or podia. These tiny feet can be filled with sea water. The vascular system of the sea star is also filled with sea water. By moving wat...
Overview of the Endocrine System
* System of ductless glands that secrete hormones
* Hormones are “messenger molecules”
* Circulate in the blood
* Act on distant target cells
* Target cells respond to the hormones for which they have receptors...
AP Biology, Chapter 33
Invertebrates [by clade]
Phylum Porifera: Sponges are sessile with porous bodies and choanocytes
1. Identify the parts of a sponge (including the spongocoel, porocyte, epidermis,
choanocyte, mesohyl, amoebocyte, oscu...
How does Different Levels of Pollution in Streams or Ponds Affect Macro invertebrate Species?
Organisms without back bones are Macro Invertebrate species (Seminole.Wateratlas.Usf.Edu ,2012) . These organisms are small but can be seen without a magnifying glass (Waitakere.Govt.Nz , 2002) . Size ra...
The Black Abalone
An Invertebrate Report
Biology – BIOL1000
The black abalone or Haliotis cracherodii as it is known from its genus species designation is a large, edible sea snail. The shell coloring on the outside is a dark blue or green or black, and the interior is a p...