Identify the differences between bacteria viruses, Fungi and Parasites.
Viruses are pieces of nucleic acid (DNA or RNA) wrapped in a thin coat of protein that replicate only within the cells of living hosts.
Bacteria are one-cell microorganisms with a simple cellular organization whose nucleus la
Definition of Pathogen and research into the main features of bacteria, protozoa, fungi and viruses.
Pathogens, or infectious agents, are microorganisms that cause disease or illness to their host. There are divided into four groups; bacteria, protozoa, fungi and viruses. The term pat
Research Report 1:
What are the differences between bacterial, viral fungal and parasitic infections? How is each treated?
A bacteria is a living cell organism that can survive inside our body and other non living objects as well. There are both good and bad bacterias and the good bacteria is
Identification of Bacterial Pathogens
basic skills in diagnostic bacteriology
Identification of Microorganisms
• For many students and professionals the most pressing topic in microbiology is how to identify unknown specimens.
• Why is this important
○ Science of classification
○ Provides an orderly basis for the naming of organisms and for placing organisms into a category (taxon)
○ Makes use of and makes sense of the fundamental concepts of unity and diversity among living things
○ Basic principle is that membe